Video: Arrest Thai style - cops and public team up to take down "stressed out man"

webfact

3 hours ago, sevenhills said:

If this was in the US he would have been shot dead.

In Thailand sticks is not considered as weapons, but eating tools - the size of the sticks reflects how hungry you are - CASE:mfr_closed1:

Edited by ttrd

Too many people and a poorly done job at that. The police should have used shields two or three coming at him with shields there is not much he could do, just sandwich him tight and take his weapon away.

Police should also get training with the long poles (chinese style martial art) if you are trained with this long poles no way he could come near you. One stroke behind knee and he would be kneeling down. It hurts but doesn't damage your body.

Police should keep some long poles at their station just for this purpose. Long wood or rattan poles ) you only need to learn several moves with those long poles to disarm people you don't need to train for tournament. Within 2 days you are good for action that is how fast you can learn. I have seen it done and admire those movement, fast and efficient. If you have knife or even machete you don't stand a chance especially two guys coming at you same time.

Are Thai police good at martial art?

4 hours ago, dinsdale said:

That was my initial thought. Then I watched the video. I think he's lucky the BIB didn't shot him. Australia, he'd more than likely be dead. Not just the US.

You don know Australia very well he would have been pepper sprayed then mabe tazered he nothing compared with someone on ice with no sticks. To fire a gun at him with all the people around wouldn't be bright

6 hours ago, MUSICMAN16 said:

if that was the uk he would have been shot or tazered at the least

no compassion or soft tactics

just taken out!!!!!!!!!!!

He would never have been shot for that in the U.K, get real, that goes on every Friday Saturday night up and down the country, but mostly in Essex and Middlesboro, :laugh:

Edited by Acemaker

Taser would have been the quick easy solution here. The people who took him down were taking an incredible risk; were they 'bush knives', I mean 'machetes' he was wielding?  I was heartened to read about the peaceful, thoughtful followup action.  :smile:

not sure if handled well are the words I would choose. I mean they threw a barrier at him...

but overall acceptable no one died or was seriously injured.

In the states more than likely extreme excessive force would have been used...

American cops do not <deleted> around when their authority is challenged.

• 1 month later...