Rock star ‘Toon Bodyslam’ suffers from ankle injury on 2,000km charity run

webfact

Rock star ‘Toon Bodyslam’ suffers from ankle injury on 2,000km charity run

By Coconuts Bangkok 

cc.jpg

Photo: Kao/ Facebook

Toon, the lead singer of Thai rock band Bodyslam, will have to take a three-day break from his 2,000km charity run after suffering severe pain in his left ankle last night.

Artiwara “Toon” Kongmalai, who aims to raise THB700 million (US$21 million) for public hospitals with his run, couldn’t complete the final leg of his run last night. He dropped to the ground in pain at around 8pm, only 500 meters short of his destination.Starting at the southernmost point of Thailand in Yala province, Toon has completed 1,063 kilometers since Nov. 1. Last night, he was aiming to reach Hua Hin, the popular resort district in Prachuap Khiri Khan, Bangkok Post reported.

The 38-year-old was tended to by his medical team and driven to his accommodation. As of today, Toon has raised THB356.6 million ($US10.9 million). 

Full story:  https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/rock-star-toon-bodyslam-suffers-from-ankle-injury-on-2000km-charity-run/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-11-29

3 days off, the pansy.

When I ran 2000k. I suffered compound fractures in both legs only stopped for a massage and a gatorade and was on my way again.

Seriously all the best to him, so good to have a story of dedication and charity amongst all the stories of corruption and road carnage.

‘Toon’ to rest three days after suffering injury

By The Nation

f52bc9c72d8cc550c86dd17757574688.jpeg

Rock star Artiwara “Toon” Kongmalai suffered a leg injury during his run on day 28 of his cross-country marathon and will rest three days from Wednesday to Friday.

On Tuesday, Toon was seen frowning in pain after his run of about six kilometres from Thanrat Fort Hospital in Prachuap Khiri Khan’s Pran Buri district.

He paused and signalled that he felt a pain his left ankle and medical staff used a painkiller spray on his leg while his girlfriend, Ratchawin “Koi” Wongwiriya, looked on.

Artiwara then tried to keep on running but he had to stop and sat down.

He was then taken to a van to receive treatment.

Ratchawin’s website announced that Artiwara would rest for three days to restore his physical health before resuming his run at the Army Non Commissioned Office School on Saturday.

The KaoKonLaKao website reported that he had run for 23 days and has covered 1,063.8 kilometres since he started the charity campaign on November 1. Donations have amounted to Bt356.85 million.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30332796

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-29

That might be it for him, for now. 

1,063 km is a massive achievement (I know I couldn’t do it), but looks like it’s taking its toll. 

Might be best to stop now before he does himself long term damage. 

He should take time to recover and if he wants to complete the run, come back to it in 3 to 6 months.

Edited by Bluespunk