A good lawyer and house builder!

As mentioned in my previous thread I am now about to start to build a house. I already have the 2 rai (Well as we all know the wife does) for building. I am now looking for a good lawyer for the usufruct and wills for my wife and myself and other paperwork I may need like a lease on the land/house. Can anyone recommend a good lawyer in the Bangkok or Chonburi area that they have used personally and had good service and advice?

Also I have been looking online for a builder but if anyone again has any builders to recommend that would be great. I am only going to be spending around the 2 million baht range for a 3 bed property. The house is to be built in a village close to Phanat Nikhom and the 331 Trunk Road so around 1.5hrs from either Pattaya or Swampy Airport.

Thanks

59 minutes ago, irlguy1 said:

I would recommend Together Construction Thailand I will drop you a pm with details. They built my home and a friends swimming pool and did a brilliant job on both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Siam Legal--used to have a blog on here where people would asked them questions... all English speaking--- and their site deals with usufruct and wills I should imagine that they would be quite pricey, but dont know--I have never used them, & I always thought that making a will here was way over priced.

https://www.siam-legal.com/

And avoid any lawyer whose name shows up in this thread. No one should be so desperate to select a legal advisor based on anonymous recommendations in an open forum. 

Certainly not desperate. Does not hurt to research all avenues. How would you search for a good lawyer in Thailand?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

For the building, obtain 3 quotes and insist on seeing previous workmanship. Have a detailed contract specifying EXACTLY what is included. Sensible tiered payment plan with at least 30% due on completion after snagging. Deviate from this and problems will arise. 

For the building, obtain 3 quotes and insist on seeing previous workmanship. Have a detailed contract specifying EXACTLY what is included. Sensible tiered payment plan with at least 30% due on completion after snagging. Deviate from this and problems will arise. 

Good luck finding a company willing to let you hold off on 30%.
I researched about 9 companies here before building my home and the highest completion payment was 10%. Most were not even willing to do that.

In all seriousness even in Europe no builder would let you hold off on a third of the cost of the house.

That's 900k on a 3 million baht House [emoji23][emoji23]
No chance and if a builder is telling you he will do that it's likely he will have done a runner with your previous payment long before you have to worry about the final one.

Your other points are valid though.

3 hours ago, irlguy1 said:

Good luck finding a company willing to let you hold off on 30%.
I researched about 9 companies here before building my home and the highest completion payment was 10%. Most were not even willing to do that.

In all seriousness even in Europe no builder would let you hold off on a third of the cost of the house.

That's 900k on a 3 million baht House emoji23.pngemoji23.png
No chance and if a builder is telling you he will do that it's likely he will have done a runner with your previous payment long before you have to worry about the final one.

Your other points are valid though.

I take your point, however most builds are on a 30% mark up and a reputable builder will have suplier credit so it shouldnt be problem. 

I take your point, however most builds are on a 30% mark up and a reputable builder will have suplier credit so it shouldnt be problem. 

So you don't actually take my point then ?

Not possible in the rest of the world so how do you think it's possible here?
I already mentioned that I tried lots of building companies here both big and small and none would come anywhere close to 30%.

It's nothing to do with having a line of credit it's to do with it being unrealistic to think you can hold off on a third of the cost of the project.

The OP will never get a house if he takes that advice [emoji4][emoji4]

(Well as we all know the wife does) for building. I am now looking for a good lawyer for the usufruct and wills for my wife and myself and other paperwork I may need like a lease on the land/house.

Just remember that ANY document you sign with your legally registered spouse can be cancelled in the event of a divorce. If you are worried about divorce rather than just death, the only way to be fully protected is to divorce your wife, sign the documents while you are legally divorced, and then get remarried.

Any lawyer who does not advise you of that is just out to take your money.