60 day tourist visa ending soon - need information

I'm in Bangkok.

1) Is this the kind of visa that can be extended by going down to some office, filling out paperwork, paying some money, etc?  If so, kindly directly me to a link with directions to the place, what to bring as far as photos, money, etc?  

2) I've been in the hospital for over a week and am pretty much bedridden.  I'm really in no shape to go off and  have this taken care of.  My visa expires on the 23rd.  However, I'm flying out of the country and going back home on the 28-29th anyway.  Is it an option just to "do nothing" and show up at the airport, pay some fine, and be on my way?  How strict are they on these things these days?

Thanks.

The overstay fee is 500 Baht per-day.  I would not recommend doing this - as it is not like the old-days, when there were few consequences for this. 

If caught without a valid-stay, you could be arrested, detained, and deported - not a pretty process.  Even if not, that overstay might be viewed in a negative light in the future.

You may be able to apply for a medical-extension, with the advantage that it could be easier to get Immigration to let someone else submit it for you.

You can get a 30 day extension without traveling, but you have to go to the local immigration office, or if you are bed ridden and not up to it, find some way to contact any of the visa shops in town.  They will help with the form and for a fee they will go to the immigration office for you and in about 1 day will get your documents back to you.  Should be easy to find a local visa shop.  In Pattaya or Bangkok they are all over the place almost as common as 7-11s.  I had one do a 7 day extension for me once just for convenience.  Got the stuff back the next day.  Note:  They take your passport for that day while they run to immigration.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sbaker8688 said:

Can't really make heads or tails.  Where is it, what are the required docs, what are the days and hours of operation?

Map, opening hours and info on getting to Chaeng Wattana immigration is here: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/location1.html

You will need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached. Download complete and print 2 sided this Fillable TM7 form.pdf .

Copies of passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

Am totally uninformed about this and have never had any such personal experience (i.e., with being hospitalized or otherwise incapacitated and having permission to stay about to expire), but over the years I thought I'd seen mention now and then of being able to get some sort of doctor's written statement, substantiating medical condition and inability to travel, for which Immigration then has some sort of process. 

As i recall it was like 1800baht service fee for a visa agent to do a simple extension.  Pay them, and of course the extension fee and stop worrying.  Since you seem to be asking about office hours and location, I assume you can get around a little bit.  Let the visa people do it and not worry about opening closing, standing in line, not having the correct documents, photo size/quality etc. 

12 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

As i recall it was like 1800baht service fee for a visa agent to do a simple extension.  Pay them, and of course the extension fee and stop worrying.  Since you seem to be asking about office hours and location, I assume you can get around a little bit.  Let the visa people do it and not worry about opening closing, standing in line, not having the correct documents, photo size/quality etc. 

I thought it was illegal to have an "agent" obtain such things from Immigration for you.

13 hours ago, sbaker8688 said:

I  assume there are photo copy services, and photo services available there?  (I think i have a couple of passport photos, but have no idea what the measurements are.)

There copy and photo shops on the ground floor of the building where immigration is located.

If your passport photos are 2 X 2 inch then the would be okay. If they are are the small 3.5 X 4.5 cm passport photos they would be to small.