Water Heater Earth Cable Connection

yengec

My water heater was not heating anymore and I bought 3500W toshiba. I made the installation by myself but I worry about the earth grounding connection. My condo is new and there is a earth wire installed. The problem is in the toshiba user manual there is not too much information about how to connect the cables. As you can see in the second picture, it was look like this and there are 2 gasket and 1 like a star some plastic. In second picture it was came out of the box like this and I see they didnt use any gaskets in other connections. Do you think its important or what I do is correct? I make sure the screw is tight enough and its not loose.

The other issue is, in the manual they advise to use 4mm thick wire for earth wire connection but I couldnt find this cable(also it didnt come out from the box) in pattaya. So I use the cable from my old water heater. The old and new heater they are both 3500W. This cable doesnt look like 4mm thick. Again is it important and am I safe since the old water heater uses this too?

IMG_9623.thumb.JPG.2daf74f4ff5895e8313c6715b931570e.JPGIMG_7351.thumb.JPG.c894f02fbd2cc5aebf967e5d49da3766.JPG

IMG_6403.JPG

Edited by yengec

The purpose of the washers and the "star" washer is to insure that the connection stays tight when tightened and does not "wiggle" loose during regular use over the life of the unit.  If you have them , I would install them, or at least "lock washers" on all of the connections.

Using the wiring that was connected to the old unit should not be a problem.