Guatemala to move embassy to Jerusalem, backing Trump

webfact

14 hours ago, Morch said:

Rubbish how? There was one post equating Trump's announcement with burning Qurans, and another about Palestinian Christians in Jerusalem. I did not "spin" anything. Rather, it is you trying to pick an argument over nothing. Why am I not surprised...?

You're right, and I apologise.

8 hours ago, bendejo said:

How much foreign aid does Guatemala receive from the US?

What country's banks do members of Guatemala's leadership prefer?

About 1/20th per person that Palestinian areas receive. 

I'd assume their leaders like the same banks the rest of the world leaders do; Panamanian or Swiss...

My point is that Jerusalem is a city with turmoil, and with the state it is in, is a good reason for lots of embassies to be moved there , then the embassy people

in those places can see up close,  the Israelis and Palestinians interact and

watch the hatred up close and personal as well.

Geezer

"The United States is an important source of assistance to Guatemala and Honduras, and Trump had threatened to cut off financial aid to countries that supported the U.N. resolution."

"Morales, a former television comedian"  (as is Trump)

"a U.N.-backed anti-corruption body in Guatemala tried to impeach him."

A little bit of content analysis explains it all!!  Reminds me of the days of the "Coalition of the Willing" !!:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::clap2:

5 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

My point is that Jerusalem is a city with turmoil, and with the state it is in, is a good reason for lots of embassies to be moved there , then the embassy people

in those places can see up close,  the Israelis and Palestinians interact and

watch the hatred up close and personal as well.

Geezer

Considering that moving the embassies to Jerusalem is bound to generate more animosity and conflict, that's a bit like begging the question. If you imagine that embassy staff is unaware of conditions in Jerusalem etc. let me dispel that notion - it's a couple of hours, at most, from most embassies. I'm pretty sure they are more on top of things than most posters. Try harder.

48 minutes ago, Morch said:

Considering that moving the embassies to Jerusalem is bound to generate more animosity and conflict, that's a bit like begging the question. If you imagine that embassy staff is unaware of conditions in Jerusalem etc. let me dispel that notion - it's a couple of hours, at most, from most embassies. I'm pretty sure they are more on top of things than most posters. Try harder.

So conforming one's behaviour to try and prevent animosity and 'conflict' is what all should do now?

Is this courtesy extended to Trump when he threatens military action? Or only to a special group of people? 

17 minutes ago, dave_boo said:

So conforming one's behaviour to try and prevent animosity and 'conflict' is what all should do now?

Is this courtesy extended to Trump when he threatens military action? Or only to a special group of people? 

I've no idea what you're on about. My post was in reply to another poster, not a general comment on what should or should not be done in the wider context of the conflict. Actually, a somewhat similar notion to what you hint at was included in my previous posts on recent topics.