Property Law

Hi i've recently returned from a trip to Hua Hin. The purpose of trip to purchase a property. I met an english guy through a girl, who is having a house built through a Thai property developer. The land is regestered in his Thai girlfriends name, then leased to him. The house he has commisioned the developer to build. They have not used a solicitor at all. Any ideas on how safe or not this might be. As i am tempted myself. jb1

How long has he been with this girl? I would never do anything with out a lawyer! Very unsafe!

Hi Adaminsamui. He's been with her for about 4 months.

Hi , is she a bargirl, as this would make a big difference if he as only been with her for 4 months! Seen so many times men fall for bargirls , they trick them into buying property then it is bye bye , you have to legal reight for this land or house!

That could turn out just fine as long as he doesn't marry her. If he marries her all bets are off. The 30 year government registered lease is the safest way to have your own house. If he gets married it opens another can of worms because all assets become 50/50 except vehicles or condos that were bought BEFORE they married. Find a lawyer and if he suggests a Thai company, find another lawyer who will tell you the truth.