lets build a few catamaran!

GoDucks

Can't see a Boating forum so here goes...

I have been in Thailand for 22 years.  Yes its a long time.  I have a (bad?) habit of doing kind of crazy things that interest me--for instance I have restored a 1957 Benz 190,  built (CORRECTION:  I GET OTHER PEOPLE TO DO THE WORK) a few Porsche 356 replicas (turned out VERY nice), wood-fired pizza ovens (before they became the rage) , portable giant BBQ, lots of weird things.  Whatever strikes my fancy.  

SO I have the plans to build a catamaran--I bought them from Robert Bruce Goodman.  The plans I have right now are for a fiberglass catamaran.  

I do know some people who can make the molds and do the fiberglass.  But making one boat would not make a lot of sense--makes more sense to make 2 or 3.

ALSO I know nothing about boats--of course that did not stop me from making the Porsches.  :)

Could also start from scratch and do aluminum.... if I can find someone who knows how to do it.

Anyway, would anyone be interested?  Would especially be interested in someone to join who knows more about boats than I do... not that that would be difficult hahahaha

Picture of my Porsche, just for fun.

porsche 1.jpg

Thnx for the suggestions... Was planning to do it here in Thailand.  Again, I never think a project is too difficult. haha one of my faults.

Just thought, especially if I go fiberglass, might as well make 3 instead of just one.  Share costs and especially get someone who has some knowledge.. there must be a few people here.

Here in Phuket are several cat building shops. My useless bro-in-law worked in one at Chalong. Come here and look around but be aware that fiberglass hulls are not really easy to build. Some excellent ones with the closed-cell foam buoyancy are being built in Australia and S-Africa. A good friend bought one of the latter two years ago and is very pleased.

• 2 weeks later...