Where To Have A Beer?

binnsy

Hi

Have never been to HH but have been told that if you leave your hotel at night and go looking for a few bars to have a cold beer there are no bars!! I find this hard to believe Can anyone help me on this as i want to visit but dont want to be sstuck in some hotel bar listening to some piano player all night fot a couple weeks.

Regards

Binnsy

I've only been to HH a couple of times, but don't worry there are loads of bars and restaurants in the town. I am not familiar enought with the area to suggest specifics, but just wonder around the town and I'm sure you'll manage! :o

I've only been to HH a couple of times, but don't worry there are loads of bars and restaurants in the town. I am not familiar enought with the area to suggest specifics, but just wonder around the town and I'm sure you'll manage! :D

thanks for that :o

Plenty of places to imbibe.

My favorite spot is at the Chinese temple next to the Hilton. There is a small booth that sells beer and wine coolers hidden around the corner.

Take a rented motorcycle, and drive along the seashore road from the main pier toward the Hilton....the road splits and goes uphill toward town on the right....or goes left to seemingly no where.

Go left. Follow about 50 meters to the end. Look around the temple and you'll find a tiny hideaway right on the shore.

Just a couple of tables and chairs.And self service.

But the view is magnificent.

Bring mosquito repellent at night.

Which hotel are you staying in? There are loads of bars, believe me, but some hotels are closer to the main bar areas than others. Hilton is right in the center of it, as is Thipurai (hotel, not GH) and City Beach, Sofitel is near, as are many others. Even if you're staying in Takiab, there are bars there & central HH is a 10min taxi ride. HH isn't Phuket or Pattaya, but it's certainly not a sleepy fishing village anymore. :o

Which hotel are you staying in? There are loads of bars, believe me, but some hotels are closer to the main bar areas than others. Hilton is right in the center of it, as is Thipurai (hotel, not GH) and City Beach, Sofitel is near, as are many others. Even if you're staying in Takiab, there are bars there & central HH is a 10min taxi ride. HH isn't Phuket or Pattaya, but it's certainly not a sleepy fishing village anymore. :o

cheers for that info November Rain will go there on the strength of you post.not looking for a pattaya so shoul be fine

• 4 weeks later...
Hi

Have never been to HH but have been told that if you leave your hotel at night and go looking for a few bars to have a cold beer there are no bars!! I find this hard to believe Can anyone help me on this as i want to visit but dont want to be sstuck in some hotel bar listening to some piano player all night fot a couple weeks.

Regards

Binnsy

Tons of fantastic places in HH - went there for the first time 4 months ago after first living in LOS 11 years ago and can't get enough of the place! The only thing that is really lacking is a bar on the beach (apart from the hotel-owned ones) but apart from that you've got quiet bars, intimate bars, noisy bars, sports bars, theme bars, more-adult bars (Soi Bintabaht), and if you look hard enough, some 24 hour bars (mostly doing karoke)!

Has your mate that gave you this info ever been to Hua Hin? :o

Hi

Regards

Binnsy

Whoever told you that has not been to HH either.

Is there a town in Thailand that has no bars? Puh-leeze!

Hi

There are Bars in Hua Hin but nothing to rave about.

Best take your own company if you are looking for female company, they leave alot to be desired here. The girlie's charge a fortune, better off going to Pattaya as 100,000 times the choice and a better deal.

Not much to do at night except buy lower class whore's and Pool, bored the crap out of me.

Hi

There are Bars in Hua Hin but nothing to rave about.

Best take your own company if you are looking for female company, they leave alot to be desired here. The girlie's charge a fortune, better off going to Pattaya as 100,000 times the choice and a better deal.

Not much to do at night except buy lower class whore's and Pool, bored the crap out of me.

Did you actually read the OP? He mentioned nothing about girls, only about somewhere to have a cold beer, other than a hotel piano bar. I think, even you, would agree that there are bars there in which you can sit and imbibe a cool, fresh ale of your choice?

As for your point about bringing your own company, because "they leave a lot to be desired there", I would think that that is a matter of individual taste. But, in my five years of living here, and going to bars, I would disagree with you on choice and on the "class" of the girls. Price, I wouldn't know about, either here or in Pattaya, but I think you're spouting absolute rubbish for the rest of your post.

Nobody ever comes to Hua Hin expecting it to be like Pattaya or Phuket - that's why they come here, because it's different. If you came expecting Pattaya; well, all I can say is, it says a lot about your intelligence & comprehension, but nothing about Hua Hin.

If you prefer Pattaya, by all means, keep going there. I can assure you, you won't be missed here.

Edit - punctuation typos

Edited by November Rain

there is actually plenty to do in hua hin at night.

there are good restaurants for pockets both shallow and deep , you will be made welcome in both the scruffy thai karaoke bars and the scruffy but friendly falang bars ,and the girls there will not hassle you for drinks or sympathy.

there are live music venues. there are easy going pavement cafes and bars , both in the central tourist area and further out. all of the above establishments are for relaxing where you can sit and eat and drink and meet people or not as is your wont.

there are many girls here of intelligence , beauty and charm , but they are not likely to be found queuing up for the attention of a bar crawling whoremonger full of crap and with a chip on his shoulder.

they expect , and often find something better.

if you are looking for the full on slapper central experience , then you might be better off in pattaya or sukhumvit.

as the above poster implied , if your personality , social skills , personal hygiene , intelligence , wit , desirability and charm are so lacking that the only way you can obtain female company is by paying for it , then i doubt if hua hin is for you and that is why you had that vast amount of crap you possess bored out of you.

sometimes when overcome by boredom , one has to take a long hard look at oneself to elicit the true cause of the problem.

Yes, the Hilton is very central for restaurants & bars and, yes, there is a nightclub/disco there called the "Hua Hin Brewery". It has a live band and DJed music every night. It's not my taste & I haven't been there for about 3 years, but it is definitely very popular. The drinks there are really good though, if a bit pricy!

Hi

Agree with a previous post, I have been to Hua Hin now for 4 visits in the last 3 years, great golf, great course's, thats about it. If you are going for the night life you will be disappointed, if you are single then take your own girlie.

Strange how the Ex Pats bleat about having the best prossie's in their town, its not true here, you only have to see the Expats wondering around here with their ex Bar Girls to grasp the quality.

Hilton nightclub is OK,the band being Philipino cant sing cant dance but good atmosphere, loads of free lancers or Bar Girls wandering around for a tug. When it closes thats it. Couple others like City Beach or Hin Nam Suay. Locals treat Tesco as a day out, sums it up really.

Don't people ever actually read other members questions before answering with their own take on things? The guy asking about the Hilton was going with his wife!!! Do you really think he's interested in freelancers & BGs? So, why go on about it?

None of us expats are "bleating about having the best prossies in their town". I'm a woman, I personally couldn't give a toss (no pun intended!) whether guys who come here are pleased with the "quality" of the girls on offer or not. I actually know a few BGs as friends & they are lovely people; what their sexual prowess is like, I wouldn't know, but I don't judge people on that! As Kh. taxexile said previously, if that's all you're interested in go to Pattaya. Oh, sorry you're interested in the golf, too... hard life ain't it? Having to choose between "quality" "prossies" and a decent game of golf?

This thread was/is about bars & beer & whether you can have a good time here. Not about nocturnal activities of the other kind, despite what Mr. Bonaparte & Mr. Isaanresting 's obsessions seem to be.

Yes, the Hilton is very central for restaurants & bars and, yes, there is a nightclub/disco there called the "Hua Hin Brewery". It has a live band and DJed music every night. It's not my taste & I haven't been there for about 3 years, but it is definitely very popular. The drinks there are really good though, if a bit pricy!

I gotta admit that the HuaHin Brewery was at one point my hang out spot :D always great music and party goers with endless energy :D (obviously I was slightly younger in those days :D amazing what 4 years can do :o)

but yes concur with NR...lots of night time activities, restaurants and bars that you can enjoy. you can find the more touristy, expat /hi-so type as well as the very local ones. (however just watch out when going into the very local discos....especially in getting into any accidental physical contact with the locals...they tend to have violent reactions!!)

but anyhow...have fun.....huahin is one of my favorite beach town..so it must have some good to it. (some of which include a nice pizza place, plus an italian gelati parlour right in the middle of town! mmmmm)

about having the best prossie's in their town, its not true here, you only have to see the Expats wondering around here with their ex Bar Girls to grasp the quality.

amazing . people judging a whole town on the quality of its prostitutes .

what sort of rocks do these people live under.

is it any wonder the thai authorities are upping the stakes in their ethnic cleansing programme.

i wish them every success.

I gotta admit that the HuaHin Brewery was at one point my hang out spot :bah: always great music and party goers with endless energy :bah: (obviously I was slightly younger in those days :o amazing what 4 years can do :D)

but yes concur with NR...lots of night time activities, restaurants and bars that you can enjoy. you can find the more touristy, expat /hi-so type as well as the very local ones. (however just watch out when going into the very local discos....especially in getting into any accidental physical contact with the locals...they tend to have violent reactions!!)

but anyhow...have fun.....huahin is one of my favorite beach town..so it must have some good to it. (some of which include a nice pizza place, plus an italian gelati parlour right in the middle of town! mmmmm)

Which pizza place d'you like MiG? My faves are Mama Mia & La Villa, the old Pizza Corner (not the new franchise) is OK too (& they give me free drinks in there :D ). D'you like rock music? We'll make a deal; when you come down for our girly night out - you come to J Gene (Takeang) with me & I'll go to the Brewery with you! Who knows, I might even enjoy it! And they do fantastic margaritas & gin fizzes in there, if memory serves me right! :D:D:o

Just got back from the Hin, had a great time as usual probably the best gal was the last one who I took with her 2 friends to the Hilton. Nearly got busted though a couple times by the ole lady. It's a small town though and if you are well known you gotta be careful. Beach was great, as was downing some cold ones by the pool. Got to sit out on the balcony too, feel the breeze and kick back listening to some great tunes and reliving old times. Just gotta say, I like the place.

Edited by dada

Just got back from the Hin, had a great time as usual probably the best gal was the last one who I took with her 2 friends to the Hilton. Nearly got busted though a couple times by the ole lady. It's a small town though and if you are well known you gotta be careful. Beach was great, as was downing some cold ones by the pool. Got to sit out on the balcony too, feel the breeze and kick back listening to some great tunes and reliving old times. Just gotta say, I like the place.

Well I'm sure that Mr. Bonaparte & Mr. Isaanresting will be thrilled to hear that... Maybe the three of you can get together and swap stories

Myself and my wife r staying in the Hilton in the Summer for a few nights. Is this hotel right in the centre and close to all of the bars?

Also I have heard that there is a nightclub in the Hilton, is this correct? if so is it any good?

thanks.

The town centre is quite compact and there are enough bars and pubs for all but jaded losers.

Hilton is a good upscale choice steps from everything in the centre and right on the beach. Those of us who like HH a lot are quite sure you will enjoy yourself as we do. Its a great place to be with your wife and/or family.