EXCLUSIVE: David of ‘90 Day Fiancé’ on life after marrying young Thai girlfriend on TV

snoop1130

7 hours ago, Wake Up said:

She shags because she is aware that expats in Bangkok that look decent and are not cheap are wanted commodities and we have a sex relationship and she does not want me to get horny and take another bar girl.   I appreciate your concern and I don’t doubt you. But the more Thai people I know and the more I live here I find those stereotypes of Thai women or bar girls are all bad to be a broad brush on a very small reality of girls. Dated many Thai bar girls and some are honest and some are not. Most of the ones that are not honest are looking for the tourist in and out business and have been mistreated by expats in the past. But untruthful people both girls and boys are found in every country in the world in every business in the world. 

She found 10,000 baht in Tops and turned it in to the manager. Does that make her a 100 percent guarantee- no. But I know many expat acquaintances here with lots more money than her that would have taken that money for themself. 

I just find that a lot of advice on this TV is from guys that never travel Thailand by car, never speak Thai, never meet real Thai people both educated and not educated and can not distinguish love from respect and sex.  But they live here for many years and read TV so they believe they know it all. 

When I leave this women I will not suddenly disappear and lie to her and I will provide her some cash to find another man and attempt to leave cordially. Don’t laugh as it happened with the last two women. What I hear from some Thai women is expats simply disappear one day and leave them with nothing. Then I hear on TV that Thai women take all of a expats retirement money and have a Thai brother husband. Probably both occur but in a small minority. 

But in order to be safe in a foreign country I choose to rent not buy, communicate with lots of Thai people, respect the Thai people and their ideas, and not show wealth. If I get to the point where I agree with you and others that it is a high risk that Thai women and Thai culture is to take everything I have or push me off a balcony I will sign off TV and move immediately. Peace.

That's good you are clear with them and they are clear with you, and that you recognize women are very aware of their shelf life, and afford them some walking money when you part ways.   

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love all Thai women as long as they are not my wife. I'm not afraid of losing any of them. I won't get married to make her stay with me (that is when all troubles begin). 

I Just keep it this way and enjoy my life.

certainly not all men think the same and not all go through marriage troubles. 

Edited by The Theory

This forum is like the old school days. Failing a test didn't feel so bad if the whole class failed.

Thinking everyone else's marriages/financial circumstances will be doomed just makes people feel good about themselves again. Kind of pathetic considering we are supposed to be adults now.

I have no problems with people who pay if it makes them happy. However, feeling the need to put others down with silly generalisations based on on incredible small sample sizes just doesn't seem all that happy to me.

9 hours ago, Acemaker said:

Hmm, so none of you are actually on the Breadline then, just saying, that could be a huge factor in your successful Marriages knowing how important Money and affluence are in LOS, i wish you well.

I can t think of any country where the women want someone on a breadline can you? If one has nothing to offer but money and then only has little of it, one has not much to offer anyone

I think if Annie can stand the cold winters she will be ok.   David has had a stroke already before he was 48 so he doesn't appear to have a long life ahead of him.   Annie is wise to go to college, and she will be able to get a job, and find a new husband when the time comes.    I didn't think she would like the freezing weather, but with Thai TV on YouTube and free calls home on FB, its easier for the girl to live in godforsaken climates.

17 hours ago, caulfield2 said:

As long as it takes to get her green card...maybe fake domestic abuse allegations against David or his best friend for an earlier exit?  She knows he’s an alcoholic, has anger/control issues, limited funds and a limited future.  She’s not attracted to him because all of his negatives are already out on the table.  The last point, she’s not even in the top 30-40% in terms of attractive Thai women in that age range.

TMZ Headline ???????

2 hours ago, kalidescopemind said:

I think if Annie can stand the cold winters she will be ok.   David has had a stroke already before he was 48 so he doesn't appear to have a long life ahead of him.   Annie is wise to go to college, and she will be able to get a job, and find a new husband when the time comes.    I didn't think she would like the freezing weather, but with Thai TV on YouTube and free calls home on FB, its easier for the girl to live in godforsaken climates.

Kentucky winters aren't THAT brutal...the harder part is the social/cultural disorientation, food, etc.   Dislocation from the Thai community.   When/if he passes away, the odds of her getting property or any significant monetary payout are next to nothing unless he has generously insured himself, violating the "be worth more alive than dead" axiom.  They have no money, so he would basically have to take out student loans for her (depending on his credit history and ability to be accepted as a co-signer, it would probably have to be his friend as guarantor again)...she can get an employment authorization relatively quickly, but what's she going to be able to do for more than $8-12/hour?  Waitress in a Thai or upscale restaurant, I guess...but then David would have to deal with his jealousy/control issues to handle that.

7 minutes ago, biplanebluey said:

TMZ Headline ???????

Haha, a second career possibility, or doing movie reviews.

In all seriousness, David is one of those guys who has "big dreams" but doesn't or hasn't put in the hard work to achieve them...but he can talk a really good game.  Like many who have gone through divorces and personal scandals (related to his political career), and then a dramatic weight loss, he's trying to "reinvent" himself by finding a younger wife and discovering the fountain of youth.

In that sense, he's no different than lots of men.

The major difference is he doesn't have the patience to actually establish a career/security/stability before going through this process.  He's just hoping to wing an "extended vacation" relying on his friend and any limited revenues derived from the tv show.

However, he doesn't strike me as one of those guys who's fixated on having a 16-18 year old "daughter" type that he can control again after already raising a family and reaching his 50's or even 60's.  Those are the scariest situations to me.

Edited by caulfield2
grammar

15 minutes ago, caulfield2 said:

Haha, a second career possibility, or doing movie reviews.

In all seriousness, David is one of those guys who has "big dreams" but doesn't or hasn't put in the hard work to achieve them...but he can talk a really good game.  Like many who have gone through divorces and personal scandals (related to his political career), and then a dramatic weight loss, he's trying to "reinvent" himself by finding a younger wife and discovering the fountain of youth.

In that sense, he's no different than lots of men.

The major difference is he doesn't have the patience to actually establish a career/security/stability before going through this process.  He's just hoping to wing an "extended vacation" relying on his friend and any limited revenues derived from the tv show.

However, he doesn't strike me as one of those guys who's fixated on having a 16-18 year old "daughter" type than he can control again after already raising a family and reaching his 50's or even 60's.  Those are the scariest situations to me.

I ask again --------- TMZ?????? ------- Sorry but I just don't know OK ?

Well, in order to understand these situations, you'd have to watch the show.

And that only features the 30% of the material that's the most "controversial," as we don't see the times when couples are getting along or there's smooth sailing.

In that sense, it's just like any reality show.  But, at the very least, you can get a general sense of which couples will make it and which ones won't and be 75% accurate in your predictions.

On 1/28/2018 at 2:05 PM, The Theory said:

I love all Thai women as long as they are not my wife. I'm not afraid of losing any of them. I won't get married to make her stay with me (that is when all troubles begin). 

I Just keep it this way and enjoy my life.

certainly not all men think the same and not all go through marriage troubles. 

I’m married and relatively happy but I’m not afraid of losing her. There are no guarantees in life and you never know how people might change. It could always blow up in your face tomorrow. It’s always a gamble. You have no control over it so just enjoy your life now and if this chapter ends start a new one. This is my third marriage, first to a Thai. It is what it is. Plenty of other people out there.

Edited by fordguy61mi