Premium service Uk Visa...really faster????

I am planning my wife's visa application and I am considering the premium service

Has anybody used this and is it actually faster? What are the time frame differences?

My wife will apply in BKK and has been told she simply pays for the service when she goes for her biometrics scan. Will she get a number or receipt to prove she has paid? I understand that if she does this I will need to mark on the documents I send that the service has been paid for (which is no problem), but I am a bit confused how they would not know that from putting in her reference number for the application.

If anybody could give me their experience of any premium srevice applications they have made or any advise I would be most grateful.

Cheers

I have made a thread specifically to try and find real time timelines for this. I have been reading on two other forums (immigration forums) and there are people using premium service waiting over 8 months, some are processed in a matter of weeks. Then there are others using non priority and it is the same, some applications are processed in a few weeks, there are others that are still waiting over 10 months on!

The process at Trendy building when applying for a settlement visa takes around 20 - 30 minutes maximum with a regular appointment. They simply take the biometrics, scan the application form, and send you on your way. My wife was in and out in about 15 mins. The longest part of the process is the ride in the elevator to the 32nd floor.

I was referring to priority service in my previous post, excuse the confusion.

Edited by Fish Head Soup
Add clarity to post
  • Like 1

I apologise for any confusion I may have caused. The service I am asking about is, in fact, called the priority service. My wife is applying for a settlement (spouse) visa.

I have attached a letter from UK Visa and Immigration to show you what I am considering

1486.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fish Head Soup said:

See my above posts.

Thanks. It will be interesting when people can see how long the process takes. It should help people like me make a decision. I can't help but feel that the most imortantthing is to make sure all the paperwork is presented and in the correct format. Something I have been wondering about is the request for A4 paperwork. Do they mean completely filling an A4 sheet or just printed in original size on A4 paper?

Last year those using the premium service for settlement visas after the decision making was moved to Sheffield they were taking as long as those who didn’t pay for the faster service. I don't know if that situation has changed.