e-Filing of Income Tax

I am going to submit my tax return online, for the first time. How do I submit supporting documentation e.g. Withholding tax certificate? Do I scan this in and upload as part of the e-Filing process, or do I have to mail it in or submit separately at the local revenue office?

Thanks, I'll get the docs scanned in before I start completing the form. I have the English version of the ภ.ง.ด. 90 form to guide me and Chrome's online translation from Thai to English is actually very good. Last year I submitted the paper form at the local revenue office and they couldn't understand why I didn't want to use e-filing. They were very helpful and basically re-typed my submission into their system on the spot. Feeling a bit foolish, I thought I'd better use e-Filing this year.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, ripples77 said:

I am an expat , i am filing Income tax for the first time. As I see all the forms are in Thai and I do not know Thai. Can somebody help me how to file on the website ? Any english sample that can guide me ?

The online filing is all in Thai unfortunately, my company ended up doing mine online, which has now turned out to be a mistake, because immigration and the labour department will not accept the online versions (printed) of PND91 and tax receipt, so we have had to go to the tax office and get these endorsed by them.

When I was last in the tax office and online, the English version of the filable PND90/91 were not available.

Tomorrow, when I am in the office, I can send you the version from 2016, not sure if the RD will accept this though.

OK, just checked the available forms online and the English eversions are there now, complete with Guidance, if I were you, I'd fill this out and go with the evidence to your local tax office, it will work out easier in the end.

http://www.rd.go.th/publish/27734.0.html

Edited by Mattd

So I finally attempted e-filing and succeeded in the end, sort of. Google Chrome's translation to English was excellent (right click on the page, select "Translate to English..") but it doesn't cover pop ups or the text on the buttons. I can read Thai, a little, but a couple of times found the button descriptions confusing and once bombed out back to the menu page and had to start again. All I wanted to do was reclaim withholding tax on bank deposits. I had the certs scanned in and ready for upload but I missed the point where I could do the upload and found myself having completed e-filing without submitting any supporting docs. Went down to the local revenue office with a copy of the e-filing confirmation screen. They told me that the head office (in the province) will contact me if they need any docs to process my claim. So, as always, be patient and wait to see what happens next...

Filed late for recovery of tax paid on on interest last year (about early May I think). I had been sent a reminder. They charged me 200 baht to prepare the return for me. Dunno whether that was an official late filing penalty or local bunce - done reasonably officially thru a cashier and with a receipt so I guess the former. Money well spent I thought - I'll do it that way again this year  :smile:

Edited by SantiSuk

You do not submit your documents with your completed application. You wait to get notification to submit them. At that time, there will be a toggle (button?) by which you can select your pre-scanned documents and upload them. However, the Revenue Department does not always require you to submit them. For the past few years I have been required to submit them, but not this year. I got my rebate without uploading any documents.

16 hours ago, GarryP said:

You do not submit your documents with your completed application. You wait to get notification to submit them. At that time, there will be a toggle (button?) by which you can select your pre-scanned documents and upload them. However, the Revenue Department does not always require you to submit them. For the past few years I have been required to submit them, but not this year. I got my rebate without uploading any documents.

This is 100% correct, if they need the supporting documentation, then you should get a sms telling you, then you can logon and see what it is they want, I have just had to send some stuff and the guy dealing with it even let me send by email directly to him.

What is disappointing is the fact that the immigration department will not accept an online filing, well at least according to my companies agents, so we had to go to the RD office in Langsuan to get the online stuff certified, which defeats the whole purpose of filing online.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, nattle said:

My first time filing PND 90 - I used to pay accountant to do it but it is silly money to spend on.

How do I register for e-filing account since I can't read Thai? Thanks.

You will probably need a Thai speaker to help you the first time as the entire electronic process is in Thai.

Make notes. The form doesn't change much from year to year and the second year it will be much easier.

After completing my e-filing earlier this month, I received an SMS today telling me to go to the online tax inquiry page and on that page, in response to my inquiry,  is a message telling me which documents (cert. of witholding tax, passport, marriage cert) they need and instructions to either fax to them or upload and the button to the upload page is there. I have 14 days to submit the docs. Upload process looks straightforward. It's all in Thai and for some reason Chrome's Translate to English doesn't work on that page but you can copy the text and paste into e.g. Google Translate.

• 8 months later...

Hi All,

Can someone assist my wife and I are based in Thailand. Over the past 6 months she has been receiving an allowance to live off into a Thai account the remaining salary has been paid into an Australian bank account through a foreign NGO who is based in Thailand. For tax purposes we are non-residents of Australia as we have not lived there for over 3 years. 

We are trying to organise for her salary to be taxed through Thailand as we are based here. Does anyone have a Thai tax agent they recommend that we can use?

Thank you