please help me with my Diet

fredfunk

Hello All,will try keep this short and sweet.
Im male,51 yrs, 95 kilos ( 220 pounds) 5 ft 3,stocky figure, quite active,my weight is classed as been obese.
I started my diet 1st December.i was 104 kilos.so I have lost 9 kilos. The worry I have is that my calorie intake is too low.I read online that this will make me lose muscle,my daily intake is 1200 calories,high protein, 3 litres of water.I was doing a 7 km run each morning which burned 700 calories, which would mean 500 calorie a day.The thing is,im eating 3 times a day, and I don't feel hungry.I wish to lose 1 kilo a week but by doing it correctly.My aim is to be 80 kilos by May.Any help much appreciated.

You seem to be doing fine. The main thing is to choose foods you can eat for 30 years and work out recipes and combos. 1200 calories is low. Better off with 1600 a day and losing weight slowly.

Doing a free weights once or twice a week will maintain or even increase strength. Get yourself some dumbells and incline bench.

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/02/2018 at 12:28 AM, Justfine said:

You seem to be doing fine. The main thing is to choose foods you can eat for 30 years and work out recipes and combos. 1200 calories is low. Better off with 1600 a day and losing weight slowly.

Doing a free weights once or twice a week will maintain or even increase strength. Get yourself some dumbells and incline bench.

thanks for your help.regards,dave

• 1 month later...

Cut out sugar and alcohol if you havent already.

I pretty much eat whatever i want as long as there isnt either of the above. 

I will have an alcohol binge once every one or two months, just for the pleasure.

I exercise daily, even if its just a walk, usually at the gym though

On 13/02/2018 at 6:28 AM, Justfine said:

For most people I advice going to a gym, exercises with dumbbells are nice but not if you don't know how to execute them.

I got a good home gym with everything I could wish for, but I would not advise other to start one. Unless of course they are sure to exercise for a real long time and planning on staying here and live in an area where there are no gyms. 

I invested loads of money in my gym but over the 10 years that I live here I might just about go break even depending on what gym I would go to. 

Your advice is sound to do some weight training as it helps when your on a diet. Just don't totally agree with starting an own home gym.

• 1 month later...
On 05/04/2018 at 7:16 PM, robblok said:

For most people I advice going to a gym, exercises with dumbbells are nice but not if you don't know how to execute them.

I got a good home gym with everything I could wish for, but I would not advise other to start one. Unless of course they are sure to exercise for a real long time and planning on staying here and live in an area where there are no gyms. 

I invested loads of money in my gym but over the 10 years that I live here I might just about go break even depending on what gym I would go to. 

Your advice is sound to do some weight training as it helps when your on a diet. Just don't totally agree with starting an own home gym.

There are now lots of weights and benches for sale 2nd hand online. Home gyms can be cheap now.

20 hours ago, Justfine said:

There are now lots of weights and benches for sale 2nd hand online. Home gyms can be cheap now.

That kinda depends what you want, often those benches are not of the quality I would use. I have looked at second had stuff. Most of the stuff is cardio machines. 

I had weights for sale 30mm stuff, as i went to 50mm stuff.. you would not believe how fast it sold. Often weights and benches keep their value quite well.  Maybe you can give me some examples of what you are talking about. There is a difference between a (semi) professional stuff and what most people buy. The cheaper stuff has its limitations (unless your not plan on going heavier)

I got lucky. I bought an adjustable incline bench with some weights and floor mats for $80. The bench retails new for $400. Heavy duty and hardly used. An old couple sold it. Maybe it was an unwanted gift and they didnt know the value. I could sell it double that without the extras.

19 hours ago, Justfine said:

I got lucky. I bought an adjustable incline bench with some weights and floor mats for $80. The bench retails new for $400. Heavy duty and hardly used. An old couple sold it. Maybe it was an unwanted gift and they didnt know the value. I could sell it double that without the extras.

Are you in Thailand ? here there is less for sale then in other countries. Still I am happy with what i have and havent bought anything for a while as it just won't fit in the room. Otherwise there would be some new machines for sure. 

Archived