Stupid Question....

ashacat

I know this is a really stupid question, but... :o

My aircon has 3 settings, one is the standard cooling mode (picture of a snowflake), one is just fan (picture of a fan) and the last one has a picture of drops of water. Whats it for??!!!!

I assume that it gets rid of moisture in the air?? is this right? I always find that normal aircon makes the air uncomforably dry when it's been on for a while anyway, why would you want to make it worse?

Don't flame me, I'm feeling a bit simple today... (hungover :D )

I assume that it gets rid of moisture in the air?? is this right? I always find that normal aircon makes the air uncomforably dry when it's been on for a while anyway, why would you want to make it worse?

I'm just guessing but since an air conditioner inherently de-humidifies the room, perhaps this mode is used to add moisture (humidify) back into the room. Manual? If in Thai have someone translate it for you.

I know this is a really stupid question, but... :o

My aircon has 3 settings, one is the standard cooling mode (picture of a snowflake), one is just fan (picture of a fan) and the last one has a picture of drops of water. Whats it for??!!!!

Don't flame me, I'm feeling a bit simple today... (hungover :D )

For mine it is to reduce water. It seems the only difference is that when the temp is reached it turns of the fan inside. I found that helpfull when we get heavy rain and water enters the room.

It seems it does not help to take alcohol out of the body to avoid hangover, I tried it already--not working.

That's right. Our Panasonic A/C has the same function and the manual describes it as automatically choosing a thermostat setting slightly lower than ambient temperature so that it will cool the room and then stop, thereby dehumidfying the air without continuing to chill the place beyond what was necessary for that purpose.

And what does uncomfortably dry mean? I've never felt dry at all in Thailand, but I've noticed that when it gets too dry in a mid-western US winter, everything gets statically charged... :o

That's right. Our Panasonic A/C has the same function and the manual describes it as automatically choosing a thermostat setting slightly lower than ambient temperature so that it will cool the room and then stop, thereby dehumidfying the air without continuing to chill the place beyond what was necessary for that purpose.

And what does uncomfortably dry mean? I've never felt dry at all in Thailand, but I've noticed that when it gets too dry in a mid-western US winter, everything gets statically charged... :o

also never felt dry herel, actually the mushrooms are growing between my toe. In Austria when it gets -30 degree Celcius and you heat that to 20 degree than it gets dry. Alone the air you must change to keep the CO2 level low should contain enough moisture in Bangkok area so you don't get any problems with dry air.