How To Contact Gays Who Want To Adopt A Dog?

As some readers may know, we are desperately trying to re-home six dogs before relocating the other side of the world very soon.

Miraculously, one of the dogs was homed with a really lovely gay guy (a banker, interested in animals, and gardening, such a sweet guy), near Jomtien. Another was adopted by a gay guy from the Thai military. I am so very happy for the dogs and so grateful to the new owners, who were both lovely people.

I have always rehomed strays, whether dogs, cats, geese, donkeys etc. And often the adoptive owner has been gay. Why is it that gay guys are so kind? When I was flying I shared an apartment with a gay guy, and he too was a really lovely guy.

How can I contact more gay guys? The ones that came saw our advert in Foodland. Sorry to go off topic with that bit, main reason for this post is to ask if there is a gay magazine specifically for this part of Thailand (we live just outside Pattaya), or maybe there is some other way to contact them?

I'm tempted to walk up and down Boyztown a couple of evenings, handing out leaflets, but that would be a last resort!

Many thanks to anyone who can advise me.

EFL

Tycann, sorry for beating you to the post!

Perhaps I have a unique perspective on the subject of the thread. My father is gay and quite the dog lover. He has a jack russell terrier (terrorist?) that received a $5,000 cataract operation last year. Over Christmas, my father spent over $10,000 for the dog, cleverly named Jack, to stay in a dog hospital to get over its diarrhea. I fear if you contacted my father he would buy these six dogs an estate of their own and round the clock attendants. No, I won't give you his number. Furthermore, spending ridiculous amounts of money on dogs is apparently not a genetically inherited trait!

My friend says " Farang dog expensive - eat food from supermarket and get sick. Thai dog good, eat anything and not get sick also good guard".

It's interesting to see Thai dogs who lye around on the pavements but nobody ever moves them on or steps over them. Can this be the cause of their appalling road sense. They don't seem to notice approaching cars. Thaat's why there are so many with a leg missing?

Some Thai dogs get very lucky http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/2515203.stm

Edited by wowpow

post-23075-1169647091_thumb.jpg

post-23075-1169647346_thumb.jpg

Apologies for delay in replying to these questions. Firstly, they are all Thai dogs. We have raised them from puppyhood and they do not eat supermarket food. They are all healthy, intelligent, vacinated as well as being happy and the best guard dogs/companion dogs I have ever known.

They literally eat anything. They were raised on rice as their staple food, mixed with whatever leftovers I had after cooking. They of course love meat, especially chicken (bones as well), and are fantastic companion dogs as well as being extremely good guard dogs.

Of the six dogs we were trying to home, we have two as yet unadopted. They are both Thai dogs. They are both neutered females, although one thinks she is a male. She was the alpha male of the group.

As regards size, the black dog, Elvis (the Alpha female of the group) someone has first refusal on her but cannot take her until mid February. She looks much like an Alsation, (German Shepherd), and is quite stocky, but not fat. She is black and tan. She is extremely intelligent, alert and learns very fast. She does the usual sit, lay down, fetch stuff.

The second dog, which has yet to be adopted, is Caesar. Again, a neutered female, this time with fluffy hair, and kind of grey and white in colour. She is smaller than Elvis, more like a Border Collie, and completely obedient and obliging. Again, she eats anything, loves rice. She is also probably the most intelligent.

I am unclear what kind of "special needs" you mean. All dogs can be easily and quickly trained in my experience. Indeed, I taught three of ours to sit and lay down in under two hours. Caesar picked it up just by watching the others. The trick is to get them to do what you want, then reward them with a tidbit of something yummy within three seconds. Do this five or six times and that is it. After training, keep up around once a week, so they remember.

I am attaching pictures of the two dogs mentioned above. Thanks to all who replied, and please let me know if anyone has any more questions, happy to help if I can.