Is there a demand for swim teachers in Chiang Mai?

WillRodg

Hello, Thai Visa users in Chiang Mai,

I'm wondering how much demand is in the Chiang Mai area for a Swimming Teacher with lesson plans for new to intermediate swimmers?

My names William R., I'm 25 and a certified Swimming/Lifeguard instructor in the USA. 

Red-Cross certified in AED, First-Aid, CPR and Heimlich maneuver.

Looking for advice on where to advertise for the most eyes and any other teachers I can contact.

Thank you so much.

Please E-mail me at ... for any questions. Thanks again

Will R.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, heybruce said:

You might be able to find legal work at one of the expensive international schools.  Unlikely, but doesn't hurt to try.

Probably also need a teachers qualification to be employed and teach swimming as a subject, if they even have a swimming pool.

Actually, this might not be on the list of work prohibited to farangs as I doubt there is an abundance of Thais wishing to be swimming teachers and would probably come under the same regulations as dive instructors. I know there are farang dive instructors.

I'd suggest inquiry with local Universities.

If you aren't already fluent in spoken Thai you may find your efforts are like swimming against the flow of the Mekong, unless you hoped just to teach private lessons with gaggle of English-speaking beginners.

Edited by RichCor
  • Like 1

PE teachers, including in international schools, are usually Thai. I don't think it has anything to do with legalities but rather with salary levels they're happy to accept. 
Hotels, condos or gated communities with pools generally don't employ any lifeguards.