Divorce A Thai Woman

I am divorcing a Thai lady, or actually it I am trying to do so.

We are married abroad and were living abroad as well. Later on, we moved to the Kingdom. Then we got big cross-cultural problems. Anyway, now we are apart, and a bit later, after some girls, I actually met a really nice woman I really love (but that's another story).

The marriage with the (first) Thai woman was NOT registered in Thailand, and therefore we cannot get divorced in Thailand. Further more, coz we are not living in my home country, we cannot get divorced there as well.

Anyway, my embassy tells that we can be a kind of divorced by judgment in Thailand. I simply have to make a summons against her. But other lawyers tell that is not possible. Does that means that the embassy is being advised by corrupt lawyers that want to make business as the royal embassy is referring to those lawyers…

Does anybody have any experience with divorcing Thai women in cases the marriage was not registered in Kingdom but in home country only???

Regards, Andrew

If you are married in Thailand it is very easy and quick to get a divorce. Did it myself a year last November. But don’t know about if you have been married in another country. All you need to do for Thai marriages is turn up at the registration office with the correct paperwork. Both of the participants need to be in agreement and on good terms at the time of the divorce. Sign the papers and get a divorce certificate each.