Arsenal

MiG16

For once Wenger got something right tactically. He brought on a second and third striker almost immediately the lads were 2 down. Very unusual. Looked like quite a useful line up all around once he took that piece of crap, Denilson, off (have you got the message yet Arse?). We did not deserve a win but you would hardly have said we had stolen it if it had come.

Thank you Almunia for the best comedy moment in the EPL this year. It even had me laughing - well more of a snort of derision. If you didn't realise you were headed to the 2nd division or Norwegian football next year then now you can be certain. Our defensive and goalkeeping failures are nothing new - as always it's just a case of whether we can be inventive and ruthless enough up front to score more than our defence will leak - you can guarantee one or two against us every match.

Very unlikely we will win the Premiership now, given the injury list. More likely I think that we let Chelsea and/or Man City slip above us. Although a draw would be nice tonight from a strictly points viewpoint, I still want Chelsea to win this evening to give them the impetus to beat Man U later on. For our long shot to work, it's likely that they have to take at least one point from the Reds and we have to beat the Reds at the Emirates - I'm expecting we will lose more points we should not lose in the non-Man U games.

Luckily the Armageddon option where we slip out of the top 4 looks remote with the Spuds draw yesterday. Their attacking is almost as incompetent as Arsenal's defense (for similar reasons of managerial intransigence at the January shop window by all accounts).

Encouraging pointers from last night. Outstanding strike from Arshavin - we need him to hit a rich vein of form; Wilshere (again); three strikers finding a way of working together without getting in each other's way - a very difficult art.

To those who would mock the Arsenal slide, all I would say is I would like to see how your side get on with 5 out of the first 11 out of commission for a one month plus stretch at a critical time and 3 of those for several months.

And I see u are quick to pay us a visit on here :whistling:

Not at all, i was writing in reply to Aaron Ramsey when WBA just happened to score against you which would be evident in teh timing of the Post..:)

you'd make a piss poor lawyer Singher in defence of your remarks and actions. what about the reference to the 2nd goal? best be on your way back to the spuds thread where they take less notice to the odd slip here and there.

quite surprising really, as i always thought that the 4 by 2s were always one step ahead of the game in that department. biggrin.gif

In whihc the 2nd Goal just happened to go in as i was writing, it's true, sh*t happens..:)

We are in Phuket on hols and it's peeing down constantly. Which silly boy failed to do appropriate climate research? It's hot and sunny from November to May where we live and I remember good weather for Songkran in Chiang Mai, Hua Hin and Patts.

So looked to football threads for some edification, but it is a quiet international weekend.

At the end of the Beebs write-up of the Wales v England match they throw in "Meanwhile the Football Association will not be making a formal complaint over the shining of lasers in the eyes of players when Scott Parker was replaced by Phil Jagielka." What's all that about then?

i bin to your stadium loosers.....an the pies are good!......ahahaha great view an all....ahahahahhha....the liiibvraryyyyyyy!!

hahaaaaaaaaa!

Nae atmosphere loosers. I shake ma heid in total belief. :o:D

what da mean smokie !

what, your trying to tell that the Emirates full to near capacity of drunken Scotsmen and there was no atmosphere ? oh wait a minute, you lot lost didn't ya ? laugh.gif

Edited by tigerfish

i bin to your stadium loosers.....an the pies are good!......ahahaha great view an all....ahahahahhha....the liiibvraryyyyyyy!!

hahaaaaaaaaa!

Nae atmosphere loosers. I shake ma heid in total belief. :o:D

what da mean smokie !

what, your trying to tell that the Emirates full to near capacity of drunken Scotsmen and there was no atmosphere ? oh wait a minute, you lot lost didn't ya ? laugh.gif

The beer aint cold enough either. Disgraceful. :bah:

lucky your not on samui^

laser beams...what song was it?

Might as well be. Currently I desperately want to abort our Phuket holiday, but it looks like Phuket is cut off from civilisation (Issaan - ok Bangkok then) by road. My decision to drive here looking decidedly suspect with my wife telling a good friend of mine that I only came by car because I'm a cheap charlie (viper in my bosom) :lol:.

[Note to self - remember your old management teaching that a good leader always binds his troops into his decisions by discussion not edict]

My decision to drive here looking decidedly suspect with my wife telling a good friend of mine that I only came by car because I'm a cheap charlie (viper in my bosom) :lol:.

You can take the Boy out of t' Yorkshire, but you can't take the Yorkshire out of t' Boy can you Santi ?? :D

Edited by MSingh

dismal smokie, i will go a long with that mate and add a bit more on our behalf.

<deleted> abysmal !

that's it the leagues the plastics, too many chances to catch up and overtake wasted.

Edited by tigerfish

dismal smokie, i will go a long with that mate and add a bit more on our behalf.

<deleted> abysmal !

that's it the leagues the plastics, too many chances to catch up and overtake wasted.

:D :D :D :D :D :D how many lols can i do?:D

UNITED

<deleted> abysmal !

UNITED

I suspect you're from the Home Countines too like so many more of your lot no matter what you say as any Manc worth his salt would have been laughing in the Red Scouse Thread not the Thread for the joke London outfit that is full of Foreigners that even T*ttingham don't really give a monkeys about that much about any more unless they're playing them..;)

<deleted> abysmal !

UNITED

I suspect you're from the Home Countines too like so many more of your lot no matter what you say as any Manc worth his salt would have been laughing in the Red Scouse Thread not the Thread for the joke London outfit that is full of Foreigners that even T*ttingham don't really give a monkeys about that much about any more unless they're playing them..;)

Very true singher. And we don't really care about you lot either. :lol: Our big derby is that small club of imposters in Fulham ;)

Very true singher. And we don't really care about you lot either. :lol: Our big derby is that small club of imposters in Fulham ;)

T*ttingham in " arrogant/ignorant slur " shock horror when the reality is they really should care about us as they can't even score a Goal against us let alone beat us, this whole Season..:)

Same goes for Wigan.

Edited by MSingh

T*ttingham in " arrogant/ignorant slur " shock horror when the reality is they really should care about us as they can't even score a Goal against us let alone beat us, this whole Season..:)

Same goes for Wigan.

An unusual statistic it would be if we failed to score a goal against all three relegated clubs this season.

Its one I could live with though. :)

Same goes for Wigan.

Arrogant/ignorant slur :lol: :lol: :lol:

Same goes for Wigan.

Arrogant/ignorant slur :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D

It was..:D

<deleted> abysmal !

I'm struggling to decide...if the baron succeeds in getting 'em relegated who will have had the worse season.....your shagging frogger or von greenback? :D

Excuse me Mr Singh but there is still 7 games to go ...why would i want to rush things :lol: .....the scousers have gone quiet already there constant gloating that has gone on for years is now going to be HISTORY!! Give me time me old cocker sparrow---is that cockerney or wot? :bah: By the way Vidic was indeed lucky to be on the field at the end...also we were right about CHICO...HE DID SCORE B)

Normal service will be resumed next season.

Of course it will, at Xmas 2011 the new Season will be 4 Months or so old & it's only up until Xmas that Arsenal ever look even remotely like a decent Football Team.. :lol:

Edited by MSingh

I'm speechless so I'm happy for all you other team fans to keep filling the pages here with your gay repartee.

Normal service will be resumed next season.

normal service.... as opposed to this season or the last 15 years? :D

Yes happy to be gay on this arse thread indeed ss.

We don't need a trophy, says Arsene Wenger

Arsene Wenger today insisted his Arsenal team will have enjoyed a successful season even if they end the campaign without a trophy.

The Gunners could be 10 points behind Premier League leaders Manchester United by the time they face Blackpool at Bloomfield Road on Sunday as they look to salvage silverware from a campaign that initially promised so much.

Arsenal lost the Carling Cup Final to Birmingham, exited the Champions League to Barcelona, and were dumped out of the FA Cup by United in the space of two weeks as questions resurfaced over their mental strength and ability to compete at the highest level.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/football/article-23939933-we-dont-need-a-trophy-says-arsene-wenger.do

:D

also read somewhere yesterday that there will be a major clear out this summer. with the likes of Arshavin, Clichey and Bentner moving on and the hint that Wenger will be going on a shopping spree.

thing is though the funds are and have been there for some time now, hes just to stubborn to admit that he screwed up.

word is on the gooner grape vine that a lot of season ticket holders have just about had enough and want Arsene out by the start of the new season.

Edited by tigerfish