Does Anyone Live On Koh Tao Or Do Any Of You Run A Hotel/guest House?

The question is in the topic title box. We would like to go to Koh Tao for 5 nights in February and I am having trouble deciding where to stay. Any ideas anyone? We don't want to go mad costwise, however I am not a young person any more and do appreciate a bit of comfort. Tall order I know,but all responses gladly received.

Thank you

leisurely

I used to live there a few years ago. Unfortunatly it has changed somewhat since my stint, however, by the sounds of it I don't think Sairee beach will be up your street (party town).

Chalok Baan Gao is a nice area, there are some gorgeous villas down there attached to the "Jamakiri Spa". I think they go for about 6000 baht a night (you'll have to check this tho as I haven't been there for ages) Even if you don't stay there, the spa is well worth a visit.

For a quiter stay you could consider looking to the East coast, perhaps Tanote bay?

I'll try to remember the names of some more places. In the meantime I'm sure someone else with more recent knowledge of the island will help.

I agree with Ash that Chalok Ban Kao beach is a good area to stay in as its less developed than the main beach (Sairee) but still has all your amenities.

Viewpoint bungalows are very nice for around 1200Baht per night and Koh Tao Cottage resort has some lovely air con rooms for 1500-2500Baht and a swimming pool.

Buddha View has some brand new deluxe rooms for 900Baht fan hot water and 1500Baht air con hot water.... Great barbecue on the beach every night.

Tropicana resort has basic fannned beach bungalows for 400Baht per night and air con for 1000Baht per night ... lovely staff and restaurant here.

Lots to choose from .. have a good time :o

Edited by davidjtayler

Blimey, that was quick. I am thinking of the cottage resort one because of the swimming pool. I am scared of fish (truly) :o and as my husband will be diving for a couple of days, I would need to entertain the girls in a fish free area! :D

Thank you so much