Midweek Rant: Would you smile at the morgue Thai people?

webfact

Good rant,what about th crazy young guys i see in my town with noisy exhausts,going 90-100kmh down a busy 2 lane high street,[unlike most Thai towns we have only a single lane in either direction] many of them i think are destined to end up in the morgue.As for the school girls it is beyond a joke.The cops involved should be suspended for failing to carry out what they are employed[ supposedly] to do which is maintain the law.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

Used to have a neighbor in our moo bahn who had a stunningly beautiful 14 year old daughter, who rode a new motorbike to school everyday, without a helmet.......................

It seems to be a Parenting issue .

Some Parents feel that being a good Parent is letting their kids do whatever  they want and stopping them doing something is being mean .

Also they have little concept of cause and effect , things just happen and they have no power to influence things .

If their kids going to die in a motorbike accident, then they will and theres nothing that they can do to stop it .

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

It seems to be a Parenting issue .

Some Parents feel that being a good Parent is letting their kids do whatever  they want and stopping them doing something is being mean .

Also they have little concept of cause and effect , things just happen and they have no power to influence things .

If their kids going to die in a motorbike accident, then they will and theres nothing that they can do to stop it .

Unfortunately, this is true.  I have heard so many times - "It was fate" - when, in reality, it was human failure. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

I can't understand the problem here.  Some people on here seem to think that taking money is the best form of punishment.  Maybe in the west that might be the case.  Making Thai people pick up litter or do pressups at the side of the road causes much more loss of face and they are less likely to do the same thing again than if you just take 200 baht off them (actually their family, not them) which won't affect them at all.  Also picking up litter is much better for everybody, compared to giving 200 baht to the police which only benefits the police.

I think however that a more severe punishment would be of value, like washing the corpses of motorbike accident victims who drove without a helmet.

• Like 2

Forget the rants on here, or heavy fines on the roads etc, the ONLY solution is to get the Police off their butts and out on the roads and actually doing a bit of policing and stopping this nonsense at the outset.  They should also hold the Teachers responsible for allowing these kids to ride their bikes in to school, park them up in a car park provided and then allow them to ride them out again and to top it off you will see a Policeman doing traffic control, but sod all else!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Would you smile at the morgue Thai people?

For a moment I thought you were referring to those drunk driver offenders who were ordered to spend time in the morgues to witness the results of the road carnage in the forlorn hope it may improve their driving habits. 

Another road safety initiative left to whither on the vine.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

I can't understand the problem here.  Some people on here seem to think that taking money is the best form of punishment.  Maybe in the west that might be the case.  Making Thai people pick up litter or do pressups at the side of the road causes much more loss of face and they are less likely to do the same thing again than if you just take 200 baht off them (actually their family, not them) which won't affect them at all.  Also picking up litter is much better for everybody, compared to giving 200 baht to the police which only benefits the police.

When I was a kid I couldn't lose face, I doubt if Thai kids were that bothered about clearing rubbish and losing face, but the kids mum would not like a bill from the Bill...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robertson468 said:

Forget the rants on here, or heavy fines on the roads etc, the ONLY solution is to get the Police off their butts and out on the roads and actually doing a bit of policing and stopping this nonsense at the outset.  They should also hold the Teachers responsible for allowing these kids to ride their bikes in to school, park them up in a car park provided and then allow them to ride them out again and to top it off you will see a Policeman doing traffic control, but sod all else!

The teachers do not seem to have a problem when three speeding kids on one bike are racing on school campus, because that's the way how they grew up. Do they not start to think when so many kids can't go to school, well only the lucky ones who have survived?

I had my first "bigger bike", a Honda Dax with 70 cc when I was 14, but could only drive on some fields, because I had to wait until I was 18 and needed a proper license for it.

I had my first big bike, a Honda CB 750 Four when I was 18, wearing a helmet at this time was not law, so we drove with high speed without one. But almost all of us saw a deadly bike accident and we started to wear helmets,  short before it became the law.

i know that it's normal when young people drive like there'd be no death, so the teachers have to teach them what can happen if anybody makes a mistake. But where did the teachers get their education from? From other teachers with the same mistakes, so scared to lose face and not able to teach their kids what kids should really know. And that's for sure not copying from the board into a notebook.

It's idiotic to let a 10 year old drive a 125 cc , or bigger bike, just because it's convenient for somebody else. At school, they check their hair, their fingernails, they way they are dressed, but a helmet on a bike is not needed?

It's the education that lacks way behind and the guys at the top don't know what they are doing, they are soldiers. So many families receive a deadly wake up call when kids don't come home from school. I only see the ones who've survived an accident when they come back to school. 

But I also saw two teenagers dying, on a road inside the city, they didn't wear a helmet and could still be alive. I could see parts of their brains and I felt so helpless.

A government, or people from the government that doesn't protect, and care for the weakest part, the kids, is a useless government with always new plans to become a hub of something.

But in reality it's the hub of the death for underage kids. The hub of always filled morgues. 

Edited by jenny2017

2 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

A tough rant, but a justified one as it succeeds in driving home an important message. Unfortunately, practically no local will read it, comprehend it, take it to heart and spread the word.  

Unfortunately, you're so right. :thumbsup:

From the top "hierarchy" down, it seems no one really gives a s**t.

To quote the pop group group Queen, Another One Bites The Dust. 

I've told my children that is my chosen funeral song. :thumbsup:

Edited by lvr181
Additional comment

6 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

.....Making Thai people pick up litter or do pressups at the side of the road causes much more loss of face and they are less likely to do the same thing again than if you just take 200 baht off them.....

excellent idea.

call the parents.  hold the kids until they arrive.  make the parents

pick up garbage on the roadside while the neighbors drive by.

and give the kids some ice cream and soda to enjoy while they

watch their parents paying for their sins.

Liked your mid week rant, especially when there is a story of the BurinRam student losing his life. Not wearing a helmet, and getting hit by a careless, motorbike driver who hit him and caused him to get run over by a passing truck. It seemed that the other driver had no concern of what he had just caused, just picked up his phone, then bike and stood around. Not even going over to see how badly injured the student was.  What a country this is with the apparent attitudes of drivers who cause accidents at any age,, like they have no concept of, their responsibility.

Geezer

1pm.jpg.ecba6fbdfdd0f34baa56c0b15db081c2.jpg

Edited by Stargrazer9889
errors

Agree about the Buriram incident,though the guy could have been in shock,though he seems quite co -ordinated. Reminds me of Miss Na ayuttya texting after she had just crashed and plunged a van over an elevated road causing 11 deaths,in the end she ended up sentenced to some hours community work which she appealed against,as she is from a very rich family i doubt she actually did any.