Visit Visa UK

I have just downloaded the visit visa form VFA1 and notice that the 10 year multiple entry option is still available on the form.I was under the impression that this option has been stopped does anyone know what the position is at present?

I was hoping to apply for the 10 year visa to stop my GF having to go through the performance of the application every year.

She has only had 1 visit visa to the UK last year but has had Aussie,Indonesia, Malaysian,Schengen(france and Spain)Vietnamese,Hong kong and Macau visa's because we have travelled a lot within Asia her passport is well filled with stamps Has anyone obtained a 10 year visit visa and what are my chances of success?

Thanks for any replies.

I have just downloaded the visit visa form VFA1 and notice that the 10 year multiple entry option is still available on the form.I was under the impression that this option has been stopped does anyone know what the position is at present?

I was hoping to apply for the 10 year visa to stop my GF having to go through the performance of the application every year.

She has only had 1 visit visa to the UK last year but has had Aussie,Indonesia, Malaysian,Schengen(france and Spain)Vietnamese,Hong kong and Macau visa's because we have travelled a lot within Asia her passport is well filled with stamps Has anyone obtained a 10 year visit visa and what are my chances of success?

Thanks for any replies.

I wouldn't worry about if it is or isn't still available because unless she is part of the Thai elite , you won't get it anyway. The cosy chat style of the official websites makes it sound like a multiple choice question, "how long do you want ...just tick here...6 months , 1 year , 2 years , 5 years , 10 years etc". The reality of this deception , is that almost all ordinary Thais will get given a maximum stay of 6 months multiple entry. Most of the visas you mention above are easy to get , so aren't as impressive as you make them sound .(Aussie , UK and to a lesser extent the Schengen are difficult but many Thais have got them.) I don't know anyone who has got the 5 or 10 year ones from the UK.

Like everyone else she will have " to go through the performance of the application every year" unless of course you get married or she is from the Thai ruling classes , Khunying or high flying businesswoman.

Good link from the scouser , but don't feel hard done by , you wouldn't have got it anyway.

I like the way they use the wording "and ..to those who qualify, a 2 year visa" in other words 2 years for the HISO and 6 months for the rest. Which is how it is now anyway.

Good luck

Based upon the stated history of your girlfriend I would say that she has an excellent chance of getting a longer term visit visa, even if she is not HiSo. I know many Thais from lower down the social scale who have done so. All that is required is a positive immigration history and a reason for wishing to visit the UK regularly. The applicant's social status is irrelevent. Although, I must admit that the richer one is the easier it will be to match the criteria. A millionaire ex-prime minister, for example, is less likely to disappear and get a job in the black economy thatn a bar girl!

As already said, due to the Thai government's introduction of biometric passports, % and !) year visas are not at present available in Thailand. However they are in other countries and as the form is a standard one used worldwide these options still appear on it.

Re 10 year UK visit visas : Going on the info provided in the last posting, it would appear that were the application from suitably qualified Thais be made in the UK ( while on a visit there) a ten year visa is possible /available .

Can anyone confirm this ? Would the application have to be made to the Home Office in Croydon and would this not take a dreadfully long time to process as presumably they would follow normal procedures and refer the application to/ or at the very least consult, the Embassy in Bangkok ?

Thank you

It's no longer possible to have an entry clearance issued from within the U.K. Migration and Visa Department (now UK Visas) used to issue visas, but that ceased many years ago. Applications can only be made to posts abroad and no authority in the U.K. would issue one.

Scouse.

Indeed, MA, applications for a UK visa (and most other countries I believe, should be made to the relevent embassy in the country of the applicants residence. One would have thought someone of Topfield's claimed expertise would have known that. :D

% and !) year visas are not at present available in Thailand.
That should read " 5 and 10" of course. :o