Non-O Retirement Visa : Leaving Thailand for short trip

I am residing here in Thailand on a Non-O Retirement visa. I am planning a short trip out of Thailand next month. I believe I can just depart but this will screw up my exisiting Non-O. I also believe if I go to Immigration and get an exit visa, this will NOT screw up my existing visa.

Is this correct ?

Also am I correct that I will need a TM-8 form to obtain the exit visa from Immigration ?

Thanks

21 minutes ago, bobonzo said:

Also am I correct that I will need a TM-8 form to obtain the exit visa from Immigration ?

Yes.

That is the application form required for a ‘Re-Entry’ permit (“exit visa”).

Does anyone know - if you complete the TM8 and choose "multiple entries" do you have to put anything in the travel details section that follows (its seems to be for a single re-entry) ??? ............

"ข้าพเจ้ามีความประสงค์จะเดินทางไปประเทศ.......................................................................................................................... I intend to travel to

กาหนดออกจากประเทศไทย วันที่.................................เดือน....................................................................พ.ศ. ..................................... Shall leave Thailand on : Date Month Year

โดยทาง................................................เพื่อไป.............................................และจะกลับ........................................... By (type of transportation) For (purpose of travelling) And shall return ประเทศไทยประมาณ วันที่.......................................เดือน.................................................................พ.ศ. ..................................... into Thailand about : Date Month"

57 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

Does anyone know - if you complete the TM8 and choose "multiple entries" do you have to put anything in the travel details section that follows (its seems to be for a single re-entry) ??? ............

"ข้าพเจ้ามีความประสงค์จะเดินทางไปประเทศ.......................................................................................................................... I intend to travel to

กาหนดออกจากประเทศไทย วันที่.................................เดือน....................................................................พ.ศ. ..................................... Shall leave Thailand on : Date Month Year

โดยทาง................................................เพื่อไป.............................................และจะกลับ........................................... By (type of transportation) For (purpose of travelling) And shall return ประเทศไทยประมาณ วันที่.......................................เดือน.................................................................พ.ศ. ..................................... into Thailand about : Date Month"

You don’t need to worry about the travel date/s. Leave them blank, or give an approx date. 

You don’t have to use the re-entry permit on any dates given. Whether single or multiple it will be valid for re-entry up to it’s expiry date.

• Like 1