British lawmakers, celebrities call for 'people's vote' on Brexit

webfact

3 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Me..my last ever postal vote ever was my Brexit vote.
Immigration was the main reason for me.
I want the UK to accept educated immigrants who have NO criminal record..who have a guaranteed job awaiting them.
Who will be a credit to and enhance the UK

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I have sympathy with that view point.

Fact is, UK governments did not utilise any of the throttling mechanisms legally available.

3 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Suppose that I am a lucky expat seeing out my days over here.
Obviously a retiree..nice house..car..no debt..few quid in bank..4 weekly pittance from UK pension and small private pension.
Suppose I enhance my local area of Issan by shopping/eating out sometimes..paying for tv package..internet..2 mobile phones..etc etc
AND NO CRIMINAL RECORD WHATSOEVER
Hope your question is answered
Also in my own way..helping local Thai Clinic

All good

Many wish to retire in Europe. Let them

3 hours ago, yogi100 said:

I don't live in Thailand, I live in London.

UKIP had absolutely nothing to do with the sudden 20% drop in the value of the GBP. That was the work of the financiers punishing us.

There was no other logical or specific reason that the value of our money should have collapsed so dramatically and so quickly and neither can you come up with one

Collapse of underpinnings for huge foreign direct investment

Massive increase in risk

Obvious self harm giving rise to doubts of sanity

More?

2 hours ago, yogi100 said:

If the future looked so bleak why did the FTSE 100 hit an all time high shortly after the referendum.

Because repatriating USD denominated profits bought more pounds! EXACTLY that.

To all those remainers rejoicing in the fact we're not getting a good deal with the EU so far, think about this.

Imagine if the whole country had got behind Brexit following the referendum. Imagine if the likes of Blair, Heseltine, Soros etc. had rallied behind the government instead of chipping away at our credibility as an independent nation.

Imagine if that march the other day (so called 'people's vote' march) was instead a march to protest that the EU was being unreasonable in the negotiations.

Everybody knows that a good deal between the EU and the UK would be good for both sides, and therefore we should be negotiating as equals. 

Sadly the die-hard remainers continue to drag us down and weaken our negotiating position. Damaging our future, all in the hope that Brexit will be cancelled (which it won't).

• Like 2

All good

Many wish to retire in Europe. Let them
I am only concerned about the quality of certain eu immigrants pouring into the UK.
I hope you are aware that there are no "enhanced disclosure" checks made re any eu citizen moving from their home country to another eu country.
It's only when eg..an eu citizen from another eu country commits a crime in the UK..that the UK Authorities are allowed to access his/her records re criminal convictions..

SHOCKING IMO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Dude said:

Remoaners keep bleating till they get what they want in the neverendum

Ad hominem attacks add little to the debate, just saying. Getting back into the adult world, Brexit has added volatility, and the pound could just as easily go way up into the sky as go down into the dumps. Nobody thinks about this. 

3 minutes ago, nausea said:

Ad hominem attacks add little to the debate, just saying. Getting back into the adult world, Brexit has added volatility, and the pound could just as easily go way up into the sky as go down into the dumps. Nobody thinks about this. 

Nice cherry picking there....and ignore the rest of the post. Ok, nvm.

To all those remainers rejoicing in the fact we're not getting a good deal with the EU so far, think about this.

Imagine if the whole country had got behind Brexit following the referendum. Imagine if the likes of Blair, Heseltine, Soros etc. had rallied behind the government instead of chipping away at our credibility as an independent nation.

Imagine if that march the other day (so called 'people's vote' march) was instead a march to protest that the EU was being unreasonable in the negotiations.

Everybody knows that a good deal between the EU and the UK would be good for both sides, and therefore we should be negotiating as equals. 

Sadly the die-hard remainers continue to drag us down and weaken our negotiating position. Damaging our future, all in the hope that Brexit will be cancelled (which it won't).

Here we go so when it all goes pear-shaped it's going to be our thought unbelievable.

If you think I am going to suffer in silence why I am being pushed off a plank think again.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I am only concerned about the quality of certain eu immigrants pouring into the UK.
I hope you are aware that there are no "enhanced disclosure" checks made re any eu citizen moving from their home country to another eu country.
It's only when eg..an eu citizen from another eu country commits a crime in the UK..that the UK Authorities are allowed to access his/her records re criminal convictions..

SHOCKING IMO

”I am only concerned about the quality of -certain EU immigrants pouring into the UK”

Really because yesterday you said they were ALl calming benefits and working at the same time.Now today you are only concern about certain ones.

Not some ALL you said it was only yesterday you truly are ridiculous.

How can any of your arguments stand up for scrutiny when contradicting yourself within 24 hours on the same thread in such racist xenophobic way.

Agreed reference Ad Hom's & just weakens the strength of the debate. Brexit has created temporary uncertainty by those unprepared but an opportunity to a country which can adapt & thrive.

It's about time the remainers step back from doing the EU's job for them with counter Brexit narrative, Brussels blew its chance to reform & ignored it, change shouldn't be feared but Embraced.

Sent from my SM-T555 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

”I am only concerned about the quality of -certain EU immigrants pouring into the UK”

Really because yesterday you said they were ALl calming benefits and working at the same time.Now today you are only concern about certain ones.

Not some ALL you said it was only yesterday you truly are ridiculous.

How can any of your arguments stand up for scrutiny when contradicting yourself within 24 hours on the same thread in such racist xenophobic way.

Firstly..if being a Patriot is xenophobic..guilty as charged your honour.
Re the rest of your post..it is because of the stupid eu freedom of movement rules that many eu immigrants have sallied forth into the UK..knowing full well that the UK Authorities are powerless re checking to see if criminals are are arriving by the plane-load.
Certain eu criminals committed horrible crimes in their own country and sadly they have done the same in the UK..albeit many of them are banged up having a nice holiday in one of HM Prisons.
With respect..please brouse through UK newspapers..going back maybe 7/8 years..especially local newspapers..court cases etc etc

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, juice777 said:

Here we go so when it all goes pear-shaped it's going to be our thought unbelievable.

If you think I am going to suffer in silence why I am being pushed off a plank think again.

You know I'm right though. You know we would be in a much stronger position without the prominent remainers dragging us down.

• Like 2

Firstly..if being a Patriot is xenophobic..guilty as charged your honour.

Re the rest of your post..it is because of the stupid EU freedom of movement rules that many EU immigrants have sallied forth into the UK..knowing full well that the UK Authorities are powerless re checking to see if criminals are are arriving by the plane-load.

Certain EU criminals committed horrible crimes in their own country and sadly they have done the same in the UK..albeit many of them are banged up having a nice holiday in one of HM Prisons.

With respect..please brouse through UK newspapers..going back maybe 7/8 years..especially local newspapers..court cases etc etc

Firstly being a Patriot is not xenophobic who said it was.Re to on the rest of your post I see you have managed to not answer that yesterday it was All EU immigrants who are calming benefits and are criminals and today it's only certain ones.You even defended your words yesterday.

I will ask you outright is all if them or just some and if it's just some, why did you say such xenophobic racist nonsense yesterday.

I suspect because you are typical racist xenophobic who I have met 1000s of times and that has nothing to do with being a Patriot the 2 are not that same.

And how can Brexit stand up 2 scrutiny when it's people like You voted for it for the same reasons.

You know I'm right though. You know we would be in a much stronger position without the prominent remainers dragging us down.

No I don't it's just hearsay if you ask me anyone with half a brain could have realized negotiations would have been tough and next to Impossible no matter what.

And just another reason why the whole thing is a joke.

I can see all the brexters getting there excuse ready already its sickening.

We have already shown our cards we have nothing to bargain with.Who goes to a negotiation table with nothing in the first place they don't have to give us anything.

The referendum should have been in 2 parts in the first place vote for demanding reforms if we don't get anything worthwhile then vote again to leave or stay.

Juice777777???
I saw quite enough of the way certain eu immigrants and non eu immigrants behaved in my home city Glasgow to form the opinion that it was best for the UK to leave the fraudulent corrupt eu..which is run by jobsworths who are in the back pocket of the likes of sorus..rothchilds..goldman sachs etc etc.
Please amuse yourself by looking through the archives of LOCAL UK papers the last few years..especially the crime/court cases/trials etc.
As I have said before..I consider myself a Patriot..you can call me whatever you want.
I'm a big boy and sticks n stones may break my bones..BUT NAMES WILL NEVER HURT ME. [emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

• Like 1

1 minute ago, malagateddy said:

Juice777777???
I saw quite enough of the way certain eu immigrants and non eu immigrants behaved in my home city Glasgow to form the opinion that it was best for the UK to leave the fraudulent corrupt eu..which is run by jobsworths who are in the back pocket of the likes of sorus..rothchilds..goldman sachs etc etc.
Please amuse yourself by looking through the archives of LOCAL UK papers the last few years..especially the crime/court cases/trials etc.
As I have said before..I consider myself a Patriot..you can call me whatever you want.
I'm a big boy and sticks n stones may break my bones..BUT NAMES WILL NEVER HURT ME. emoji6.pngemoji6.pngemoji6.png

We're the crimes you refer to committed by the same nationalities as the Rothchilds at al. Is Glasgow flooded by impoverished Jews taking your council houses and assaulting women in no go areas? No But the  people who taking over our cities are not building banking structures, theatres or art galleries or making breakthroughs in Art, Science,Literature and technology.  Go figure.

Juice777777???

I'm a big boy and sticks n stones may break my bones..BUT NAMES WILL NEVER HURT ME. [emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

Ok will leave it at that then you have avoided my question for the second time we all know why.

This the real reason we are leaving the EU because or xenophobic racist toxic views even if its only 20% of the leave voters that's enough.

You have thrown your own country to the Dogs because of your disgusting views and and claims to be a patriot.

For the record I don't believe all who voted to leave think this way but its clear that a lot of you do.

19 minutes ago, juice777 said:

No I don't it's just hearsay if you ask me anyone with half a brain could have realized negotiations would have been tough and next to Impossible no matter what.

And just another reason why the whole thing is a joke.

I can see all the brexters getting there excuse ready already its sickening.

We have already shown our cards we have nothing to bargain with.Who goes to a negotiation table with nothing in the first place they don't have to give us anything.

The referendum should have been in 2 parts in the first place vote for demanding reforms if we don't get anything worthwhile then vote again to leave or stay.

You say the UK has nothing to bargain with. 

You also suggest we should have had a referendum to decide if we should demand the EU to reform.

Thanks for injecting a bit of humour into the debate :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Juice777777
You have your political views..I and everyone on this Forum also have their views.
So happens that mine is different from yours.
I left Glasgow almost 4 years ago.
I obviously keep in touch with whats going on in Glasgow re lots of things.
I also call it as I see it..am definately NON PC..old guard in lots of ways.
Not a trendy touchie feelie left winger politically..voted UKIP since bout 2003..have no time for the snp
With these few comments..it's time to do little bit planning re next few weeks.
LONG LIVE NIGEL THE PATRIOT [emoji6][emoji6][emoji6]

• Like 1

You say the UK has nothing to bargain with. 

You also suggest we should have had a referendum to decide if we should demand the EU to reform.

Thanks for injecting a bit of humour into the debate [emoji106]

Begore we should have decided what we want in the way of reformes form the EU then Vote on it to make it final. Then demand it from them on the understating that if we don't get it we will have a referendum to leave or stay.If it's true that they need Us So much they probley woukd have agreed to some of it then let the people decided to accept it and stay or don't accept it and go.

7 hours ago, juice777 said:

Yeah, but you Voted for a conservative government to take us out.

I did not, I know what I voted for you don't. And I voted for us to get out of the EU regardless of who was to have made it possible. We're still in it now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, juice777 said:

Yeah, but you Voted for a conservative government to take us out.

There was no mention on the ballot paper of which party would be taking us out. The bookies odds were in favour of our staying in so they probably did not consider the fact that Joe Bloggs would think any different to most of the MSM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, juice777 said:

Begore we should have decided what we want in the way of reformes form the EU then Vote on it to make it final. Then demand it from them on the understating that if we don't get it we will have a referendum to leave or stay.If it's true that they need Us So much they probley woukd have agreed to some of it then let the people decided to accept it and stay or don't accept it and go.

So you're not aware that Cameron did exactly that before the referendum? He went to the EU and asked for reforms that would have prevented the UK from having a referendum. He came back with sweet FA.

Did you really not know this?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, juice777 said:

Typical racist xenophobic stereotyping without evidence just because they disagree with an opposite viewpoint.

3 hours ago, juice777 said:

Firstly being a Patriot is not xenophobic who said it was.Re to on the rest of your post I see you have managed to not answer that yesterday it was All EU immigrants who are calming benefits and are criminals and today it's only certain ones.You even defended your words yesterday.

I will ask you outright is all if them or just some and if it's just some, why did you say such xenophobic racist nonsense yesterday.

I suspect because you are typical racist xenophobic who I have met 1000s of times and that has nothing to do with being a Patriot the 2 are not that same.

And how can Brexit stand up 2 scrutiny when it's people like You voted for it for the same reasons.

I don't consider myself as xenophobic, nor a bigot, nor do I believe that calling people such will actually win you many votes (note the pun). When the UK joined the common market in 1973, it was just that, a common market. An institution to aid the free movement of goods, services and people throughout Europe in the member states. What it became since 1973 was something entirely different, it became in itself a federal state with say over matters that infringed on countries sovereignty and law, run by the Germans and French. Now I may not be the most intelligent person in the world, but that is the equivalent of taking out a mortgage contract and then the bank coming to my house and telling me what I should eat, drink or how to bring up my kids, basically it was not what we signed up for.

As more and more countries realised the benefit of being poor and therefore drawing huge sums of money from the EU, we as one of the better off countries had to make massive contributions. For an example of this you can take Ireland, who draw large subsidies from the EU and then draw in large corporations like Google by offering them extremely low (in fact EU illegal) corporate tax rates, thereby getting their people employed but still able to draw nice subsidies.

Now I'm all for the free movement of people, however even to me it came as a bit of a shock when returning from working abroad to be confronted at the ATM, as I was drawing out some money, by a bare breasted eastern European breast feeding a baby and begging. The politicians did go to Europe and make some requests before Brexit and they were laughed out of town, as like the bookies, the Germans underestimated the British public (that's possibly an historical issue). So like many others I voted to leave and we won. A lot of you lost, bad luck, life sucks, get a cat. I really don't care how they exit, I just wish they would damn well hurry up and get it done because if you look on the streets of UK, do you really think that the Germans can afford to lose all their sales of BMWs, Mercs, Audis and VWs ( I won't mention Skodas). Let's crack on with some proper trade deals and free up our shopkeepers to wind up Napoleon and make him turn in his grave !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1