Slim Pattaya

kyb789

You're being narrow minded again. ;)

Try a real music club, you might like it.

Been here many many years, So I actually have tried them all, and I wouldnt call it real music. Blues seems a little old fashioned for the younger generation. Ive been there, done that, hated it. Do you have some kind of a problem with hip hop music? As its all the rage with the 'younger' people especially the Thai's at the moment :bah:

You wouldn't call rock, blues & RnB etc real music?

I haven't got a problem with hip hop apart from alot of the modern hip hop stuff being rubbish.

Most Hip Hop stuff is sampled from real music that you hate then they add their lyrics talking about booty and cars etc. :D:o

I like some Hip Hop and grew up with Public Enemy, Beastie Boys etc and I don't mind some of the talented Hip Hop artists like Snoop Dog, Dr Dre, Eminem etc but the pop hip hop stuff is absolute crap along with the MTV rubbish. :bah:

I like all kinds of music and I'm only 34 and I've also been here a few years, I never liked blues really and in the UK I spent alot of time in dance clubs but have to say that now I've learnt alot about music since I've been here and it amazes me just how widespread blues and how many people have changed and used the blues style in their stuff.

You don't where baggy jeans, baseball caps and dollar signs around your neck do you :D ? and how old do you need to be to be part of the "younger" generation? :o

Now you know why Walking street isnt full of Hiso thai customers then :D Just mostly older farang .. I certainly wouldnt call Blues real music THESE DAYS. Maybe it was back in the day, but this is 2007, man.. Its not exactly in the charts or all over the TV these days. You dont exactly see many thais jump up dancing when blues music comes on. LOL. :D

Some of the Rock is alright, as thats also quite popular music in Thailand. Most of the music in these hip hop clubs is Snoop Dogg anyway. Just because you are a little old fashioned, and older, doesnt mean others cant enjoy Hip Hop music.

Go to the local market. What music are all the CD stalls playing? Ive never come across any selling Blues :D Most of the Thais I know are all into hip hop music. Just because you like Blues music, doesnt mean everyone else has to....

Look, its 2007 now, not 1957. Hip Hop is in - The blues are out. Deal with it. Oh and no, I dont wear baggy jeans, baseball cap ect, why would I?

I thought this thread was supposed to be about a local disco anyway???? Not music????

You're being narrow minded again.

Been here many many years, So I actually have tried them all, and I wouldnt call it real music. Blues seems a little old fashioned for the younger generation. Ive been there, done that, hated it. Do you have some kind of a problem with hip hop music? As its all the rage with the 'younger' people especially the Thai's at the moment

You wouldn't call rock, blues & RnB etc real music?

I haven't got a problem with hip hop apart from alot of the modern hip hop stuff being rubbish.

Most Hip Hop stuff is sampled from real music that you hate then they add their lyrics talking about booty and cars etc. :D:o

I like some Hip Hop and grew up with Public Enemy, Beastie Boys etc and I don't mind some of the talented Hip Hop artists like Snoop Dog, Dr Dre, Eminem etc but the pop hip hop stuff is absolute crap along with the MTV rubbish.

I like all kinds of music and I'm only 34 and I've also been here a few years, I never liked blues really and in the UK I spent alot of time in dance clubs but have to say that now I've learnt alot about music since I've been here and it amazes me just how widespread blues and how many people have changed and used the blues style in their stuff.

You don't where baggy jeans, baseball caps and dollar signs around your neck do you :o ? and how old do you need to be to be part of the "younger" generation?

Now you know why Walking street isnt full of Hiso thai customers then :D Just mostly older farang That's a good thing, not a bad thing... I certainly wouldnt call Blues real music THESE DAYS. Maybe it was back in the day, but this is 2007, man.. Its not exactly in the charts or all over the TV these days. You dont exactly see many thais jump up dancing when blues music comes on. LOL. :D

Are you Thai? By that statement I'd guess so. What does Thais jumping up and down have to do with anything? I live with 2 teenage step kids and I hear "in" hip hop/ dance music everyday, Its awful.

Some of the Rock is alright, as thats also quite popular music in Thailand. Most of the music in these hip hop clubs is Snoop Dogg anyway. Just because you are a little old fashioned, and older, doesnt mean others cant enjoy Hip Hop music.

I'm not old fashioned at all, 34 isn't that young, I just think that most of the modern hip hop is terrible, the only other "younger generation music in the disco's is the car alarm rubbish :bah:

Go to the local market. What music are all the CD stalls playing? Ive never come across any selling Blues :D Most of the Thais I know are all into hip hop music. Just because you like Blues music, doesnt mean everyone else has to....

Because all the young kids like it, that's why they sell it, Go to Royal Garden and you can buy all styles of music.

Look, its 2007 now, not 1957. Hip Hop is in - The blues are out. Deal with it. Oh and no, I dont wear baggy jeans, baseball cap ect, why would I?

Why not?

At the end of the day I've lived here for over 5 years and I've been to a lot of the disco's here BUT blues and rock music still pays my bills and it has a bigger following that you'd think. :bah:

I thought this thread was supposed to be about a local disco anyway???? Not music????

I decided to take it off topic.

How old are you by the way?. ;)

Edited by davethailand

Dave,

Lam plays the same set every night he plays and has done for 5 years. OK if your a tourist but no good if your a resident.

Snowy is useless but I appreciate the jugs. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Your becoming a real porker and need Slim Pattaya more than most.

Peace out.

Tarqers.

Dave,

Lam plays the same set every night he plays and has done for 5 years. OK if your a tourist but no good if your a resident.

No he doesn't actually, he has his regular songs and sometimes he plays them too much, it mainly depends on the customers in the bar as he gets tips to play certain songs but as long as the punters are happy! Which they seem to be then great, At almost 63 years old the guy isn't going to rehearse too much, he has enough songs.Snowy is useless but I appreciate the jugs. I'm sure you know what I mean.

A BB King award winning guitar player useless?? Interesting, I'm sure Mary would want to be appreciated for her voice though not her jugs, she's be pretty pissed off at that one actually.

Your becoming a real porker and need Slim Pattaya more than most.

Good living,. :o

Peace out.

Tarqers.

Edited by davethailand

Well I certainly wouldn't say it to Mary's face as:

1. I'm not sure I could actually drag my eyes away to actually look at her face and;

2. Hubby is always sitting nearby.

Anyone for tennis?

Edited by Tarqin

Well I certainly wouldn't say it to Mary's face as:

1. I'm not sure I could actually drag my eyes away to actually look at your face and;

My face?, Don't you mean Mary's or are you not actually talking about Mary in the first place? :o

2. Hubby is always sitting nearby.

Anyone for tennis?

Edited by davethailand

You're being narrow minded again. :D

Been here many many years, So I actually have tried them all, and I wouldnt call it real music. Blues seems a little old fashioned for the younger generation. Ive been there, done that, hated it. Do you have some kind of a problem with hip hop music? As its all the rage with the 'younger' people especially the Thai's at the moment :o

Plenty of young people I know like blues. Just because something is 'the rage',don't make it any good. :D