Guest Houses In Ubon Ratchathani

flifsh1

Taxi prices depend where you want to travel.

Major hotels have their own minibuses,but as you want to know

about guesthouses they will be of no use to you.

Taxis are run by the air force people.In town,B70 per person.That is in the town centre

about 2 km away.Where I stay,about 4 km from the airport,the price is B 120 per person.

No independant taxis or tuk-tuks in the airport.If you don't like the price,

then it is a fair walk with your bags until you get outside the gates and can get a tuk-tuk.

I agree 100% with everything andypat says. It is near the town centre, slightly closer to the airport in fact than the town centre itself, so use that for an idea of taxi fare from bluescouse's post (I don't use taxis in ubon).

To clarify andypat's post, WrongWay (the bar/restaurant) is owned by Ting and Richard, the guest house behind is not, but Ting can book the room for you (and put it on your bar bill).

Cheers,

Mike

I agree 100% with everything andypat says. It is near the town centre, slightly closer to the airport in fact than the town centre itself, so use that for an idea of taxi fare from bluescouse's post (I don't use taxis in ubon).

To clarify andypat's post, WrongWay (the bar/restaurant) is owned by Ting and Richard, the guest house behind is not, but Ting can book the room for you (and put it on your bar bill).

Cheers,

Mike

I would like to support 100 percent what both Andy and Mike have recommended in relation to the hotel behind Wrongway cafe. I have stayed there many times and have always been impressed by the standard of accomodation for the price of 350 baht. Along with that you can get some good food and very cold beer at the Wrongway cafe in front of the hotel, as well as the conversation with the local expats.

Enjoy Ubon, its a great place

There is an excellent motel on Phadang road 350 baht per night.It is at the rear of a very good bar restaurant called Wrong Way.It is run buy Ting & her American husband Richard who will book you a room tel:-0868686661

I will be there in around 4 weeks and this place sounds good for us.

We are going out to that expensive place by the Meh Kong river for a night or two so I want somewhere to stay to even out the cost a bit,

Can you tell me if it a hotel or guesthouse (both O.K. ) and does it have a real toilet and hot shower? Fridge? Air con.? What is the name?

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

Not to piss in the soup, but there is another option if you wanted to stay at a Thai guy's new house - built last year. 2 story. He stays with his wife. They have a new dormitory in back of them that he built also. There is another dorm that he owns next door and another next to that. Dorms are for Rajabhat and Polytechnic students - :o

The house is 2 story, there are rooms upstairs with private bath. He can order you Tom Yum or Korean bbq takeout that you can eat on the porch at night. It's a quiet place really, safe, and friendly.

He IS a taxi driver - he has an Isuzu truck. His name is Pichet - meaning, victory, in Thai. He is a stand up guy - very nice and accommodating. He can take you ANYWHERE - Laos, Cambodia, or to a good seafood restaurant on perimeter road that not all the foreigners know about. Most do, some don't.

He has a rental motorbike if you're interested in that.

He is 60 years old. His wife - maybe 45.

He is really a succesful and likeable guy. He lives close to Rajabhat and SK mall, right up from the Ubon Cultural Center near Raja.

This would be more the Thai experience, and you could head to wrong way cafe whenever you liked.

Up to you.

If you want his number I'll find it. I must have it online somewhere... just let me know with email or message here.

Vern

ThaiPulse.blogspot.com

There is an excellent motel on Phadang road 350 baht per night.It is at the rear of a very good bar restaurant called Wrong Way.It is run buy Ting & her American husband Richard who will book you a room tel:-0868686661

I will be there in around 4 weeks and this place sounds good for us.

We are going out to that expensive place by the Meh Kong river for a night or two so I want somewhere to stay to even out the cost a bit,

Can you tell me if it a hotel or guesthouse (both O.K. ) and does it have a real toilet and hot shower? Fridge? Air con.? What is the name?

Thanks for your help.

Yes to all except the fridge. All the facilities are very new and top quality. The place is a hotel and is found in the carparking area behind Wrongway cafe. Cant tell you the name as its in Thai only. You can book a room through Richard or Ting at Wrongway. THeir number is on a previous post.