Patong hotel files Computer Crimes Act complaint against Thai Army soldiers

snoop1130

Patong hotel files Computer Crimes Act complaint against Thai Army soldiers

Eakkapop Thongtub

1524827327_1-org.jpg

The hotel’s legal representative Anand Chaiyadej (2nd from left) accompanied by Patong Paragon Co Ltd Executive Board member Wisit Eamwirojrit (2nd from right) at Patong Police Station today (April 27). Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: --The legal representative of a Patong hotel and one of the hotel company’s executive board members today (April 27) upheld their promise to file a complaint against a Royal Thai Army officer in Phuket for alleged breach of the controversial Computer Crimes Act.

Anand Chaiyadej, who is the legal representative for the Patong Paragon Co Ltd, along with Patong Paragon Co Ltd Executive Board member Wisit Eamwirojrit filed the complaint at Patong Police Station this morning.

The complaint accused Army Spokesman Col Pramote Promin of causing damage to Mr Wisit through defamatory accusations made through “media” on April 2.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-hotel-files-computer-crimes-act-complaint-against-thai-army-soldiers-66930.php#rdlGkv0VPch9iMHE.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-04-27

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The complaint accused Army Spokesman Col Pramote Promin of causing damage to Mr Wisit through defamatory accusations made through “media” on April 2.

more abuse of that far too ambiguous and unnecessary law

if a crime was committed, focus on that crime, not the channel used; in this case, defamation (being criminalized here in thailand makes that another legal faux pas, but that is a separate issue)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I always like to see a good fight. However, try as I might, I don't see this one being a 'fair' fight. 

I often say "the Greens (and Yellows) cheat. They cheat often. They cheat frequently. They are cheating cheaters who cheat".

Good luck hotel guy; I think you'll need it.

I take it you dont know who this group are, these are very powerful think of a BANK in Bangkok

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Possibly..although this may be a little push back.

The Thai army is,after all,one of the most powerful "corporations" in Thailand and its use of the heavily controlled media is,at times,most questionable.

Its similarity to a Western army begins and ends with "army" in its title.

You are wrong about the army.

The police, however, is

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, hansnl said:

You are wrong about the army.

The police, however, is

In deference to you flatly stating that I was "wrong" about the Thai army I have decided to amend my post to-the only similarity to a Western army is the 'a' in army-rather than using army as a broad term.

Moreover I am proposing to set up a charity which can supply free 'parachute wings' to a whole slew of bemedalled heroes who,in actual fact,could not fight their way out of a wet paper bag-and have never been able to do so.

• Haha 1