Scammers in Thailand

2 minutes ago, ndee said:

One thing that I really can't understand is how some people are always willing to give the criminals their way.

Wrong mate, but you have to remember where you are !!

Here life is cheap ,the criminal element wont think twice about having you removed for being a grass.

Checked the website of their "company"... the crooks have already moved to a different city. Time to rip off some more expats who think that they are safe. :smile:

Edited by ndee

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Here life is cheap ,the criminal element wont think twice about having you removed for being a grass.

"Here life is cheap"

Do you really think Thailand is the only place where being a whistle-blower is dangerous to your career, your family or your longevity? 

There's a reason why western countries have witness protection programs and why quite a few people who are prepared to testify against an individual or organization suddenly have a change of mind or they disappear, never to be heard from again even in the US or Europe, and certainly places like Russia and Eastern Europe. Russian exiles in Britain seem to be dropping like flies.

Interesting that the assumption in this thread is that the "scammers" referred to are Thai. There have been numerous reports of farang on farang violence caused by potential exposure of illegal activity.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, ndee said:

Checked the website of their "company"... the crooks have already moved to a different city. Time to rip off some more expats who think that they are safe. :smile:

So what was the modus operandi of the said scam. Maybe it’ll help other members to have a heads up in case the villains come calling. 

• Like 1

Being scammed is part of some living these days so who is doing scam and if it is a Thai where did he learn the way to do it if it is not from some sort of many other country scammers.

Look at your money exchange and cut your lost.

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

the criminal element ??and you talk from experience or have links to the latter ??

9 hours ago, ndee said:

One thing that I really can't understand is how some people are always willing to give the criminals their way.

Sometimes called the "survival instinct" :sleep:

...like someone mentioned...marriage is a contract....which doesn't mean sh*t....except giving license to some to completely fleece the hapless foreigners...

...and the family they marry in to...in effect works as a gang against them....

...so where you going to begin....???

...you saw that girl with the fake smiles...???

...sadly true sentiment towards most foreigners...

....and human rights champions themselves are either pursued...or worse...

...not what we signed up for...but what to do....???

...try keeping your own nose clean and obeying the great number of nebulous and arbitrarily applied laws that affect us...

4 hours ago, Tongjaw said:

So what was the modus operandi of the said scam. Maybe it’ll help other members to have a heads up in case the villains come calling. 

They impose themselves as a law attorney company - taking money for opening companies, paperwork for buying houses, etc. But they don't really have any idea how to do that properly.

29 minutes ago, ndee said:

They impose themselves as a law attorney company - taking money for opening companies, paperwork for buying houses, etc. But they don't really have any idea how to do that properly.

Could be interesting to know the name and city of that.

4 minutes ago, ndee said:

Phuket. I suspect that revealing the name of the company isn't allowed, though.

OK, thanks a lot. That is all I need for now. I haven´t plan to settle down in Phuket. More likely Hua Hin or Samui. Sad that you are not allowed to give the name though. Maybe they are active in other parts of Thailand as well. It would be for our sake.

What scammers??? The tuk tuk driver that over charged you. The lady at the bar that added an extra drink on your bill? The landlady that kept your rent deposit? The 7/11 cerk that gave you the wrong change? The temple that charged you more than a thai just to go in? The thai girl that says you soooo handsome and loves you, but lies to you? The farang that sucks you into as a partner of some great money making plan that can not fail? We have heard them all. Another boring post. Give us something new or stop crying. 

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:07 AM, ndee said:

my thai wife and i were at Nana BTS the other day. There were two indian looking dudes. One come and asked my wife to take his phito ob his phone. At the time i thought it was s shitty backfround for a photo. A few minutes later we noticed her gold bracelet was gone. I taljed to BTS security avout viewing securiry foitage. So nuch of a hassle with going to the cops and making repirts we let it go

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:07 AM, ndee said:

my thai wife and i were at Nana BTS the other day. There were two indian looking dudes. One come and asked my wife to take his phito ob his phone. At the time i thought it was s shitty backfround for a photo. A few minutes later we noticed her gold bracelet was gone. I taljed to BTS security avout viewing securiry foitage. So nuch of a hassle with going to the cops and making repirts we let it go