Power Lawn Mowers

jeffandgop

I went through several lawn mowers before biting the bullet and spending out on a a genuine Honda which has turned out to best I've ever had.  This agricultural dealer doesn't have a huge range but I've bought several things from them and they are good to deal with.  You can find them here.  The Honda is about 25,000 baht but worth every penny if you've got a lot of grass to keep under control at this time of year.

8 minutes ago, Greenside said:

I went through several lawn mowers before biting the bullet and spending out on a a genuine Honda which has turned out to best I've ever had.  This agricultural dealer doesn't have a huge range but I've bought several things from them and they are good to deal with.  You can find them here.  The Honda is about 25,000 baht but worth every penny if you've got a lot of grass to keep under control at this time of year.

Totally agree,there is no choice!!Get a Honda!!!Always starts,runs well and the one we have is nearly ten years old,still going strong.

I replaced the wheels with larger ones and adjusted the frame a little but engine wise a Honda cant be beat!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Greenside said:

Where on the map? The link returns hundreds of blue dot locations. Thanks 

I have a small conventional looking mower like you usually see in the States.  Has a honda engine (3.5 hp if i remember correctly.  Think they have 5 hp engines also..  Good for a small yard that does not get very thick grass as the wheels are small.  Someone mentioned changing the wheels which is a possibility.

Have had it over ten years and yes, engine is great...but like i said have to keep grass cut low for it to perform well do to the wheels.   I have moved on to the "classic" thai style honda mounted on two large wheels : 

They sell these Pre made (never saw one with wheel in front though :-).   I bought one last year for 10k baht TOTAL in Jomtong and it works great.  Believe it or not,  easier than the small mower to use because it moves so easily.  The Mrs loves it  lol.   We cut 6 rai here, BUT i also use it on a small yard in the city.

Not quite as smooth a finished look....but easy to use !

I think the shop that greenside mentions is right near CMIS intl school on the road along the river.  They are good for service and parts(have sales also.   Also a few shops along access road superhwy and Chotana road.  One closest to Chotana Rd is best among that group.

Edited by rumak

Thank you all. I’ve done more internet searching and have come up with a Husquvarna powered by a Briggs & Stratton engine. Includes grass catcher and mulching accessory. 15,000b. Am considering the 10K difference for the Honda may not make that a necessary expenditure. My experience is Honda is the best yet a Briggs engine is also a fine reputable engine. Just so u know and again my thanks. . 

4 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Briggs maintenance can be problematic here, at least it was some years ago.  Only time in 35 years I had difficulty getting something done here was with a Briggs.

I have both a Briggs & Honda engines on equipment, the Honda is light years ahead of B & S, easy to maintain & uses far less gas & oil than BS.

Edited by CGW