Bangkok Bank and their new card....

I was talking to an employee a few weeks ago regarding the new always at "ATM's offered for free" card and his answer wasn't good at all. I've still got my Visa card, but they told me that they won't issue them anymore. 

Every time when I withdraw money, the new card offering pops up which is really annoying. 

Looking at their website is quite irritating and I'd love to hear from customers in the same situation what they've done?

I don't know if I have to look for anew bank that offers a visa card, or are there any options at Bangkok Bank that aren't annoying as some things I've heard about the new card. 

Thanks for any tips,  really deeply appreciated. I've been with the bank for 15 years and changing banks would be a lot of work, including online stuff. 

The card works fine for any ATM use and is more secure so it is OK for me except for use to pay merchants - I can pay my hospital bills entering my pin so it is not really a problem for me as do not use for other payments.  For lazada us online banking or COD - for outside Thailand use cards/paypal outside Thailand.   For Tesco/Tops deliveries pay cash.  But appreciate it is a real PIA for many users.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, lopburi3 said:

The card works fine for any ATM use and is more secure so it is OK for me except for use to pay merchants - I can pay my hospital bills entering my pin so it is not really a problem for me as do not use for other payments.  For lazada us online banking or COD - for outside Thailand use cards/paypal outside Thailand.   For Tesco/Tops deliveries pay cash.  But appreciate it is a real PIA for many users.  

Thanks a lot. It's a joke when you're used to such a card and what to do with it. I'll use mine as long as possible. And then change the bank. 

What could be the reason that they stopped issuing Visa? 

2 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Thanks a lot. It's a joke when you're used to such a card and what to do with it. I'll use mine as long as possible. And then change the bank. 

What could be the reason that they stopped issuing Visa? 

A quote from a post by @Pib in another thread

Bangkok Bank branches are indeed pushing the TPN (Thai Payment Network)-UnionPay co-branded card since Bangkok Bank owns 50% of TPN and UnionPay owns the other 50%.    The more people and merchants Bangkok Bank can get on the TPN-UnionPay logo card the more profit they make....and less need to split the profit with Visa.

Edited by 55Jay
  • Thanks 1