Landlords petition Prayut to kill new tenant protections

webfact

On 5/30/2018 at 6:51 PM, snowgard said:

This profit thinking here is very crazy. I am a big Aliexpress Shopper for years now. Almost everything from the some hundred products what I bought in the last 10 years was around 50-170% cheaper to buy in China (include shipping cost) as in Thailand. And I got the normal consumer prices. So I can say that the most shops here, who get wholesale prices, charges  around 250% and more profit on their buying prices. Unbelievable.

Just Lazada made it a lot cheaper here. But it's still 20-30% more expensive as on Aliexpress. 

HA!   Could not agree more, Lazada even posts the same pictures as Ali ...... and you will typically see the "Ships from Overseas" on Lazada, so you're waiting for the item to come from China anyway.    (mea culpa for off topic)

5 hours ago, madisongy said:

HA!   Could not agree more, Lazada even posts the same pictures as Ali ...... and you will typically see the "Ships from Overseas" on Lazada, so you're waiting for the item to come from China anyway.    (mea culpa for off topic)

Right!!! Alibaba hold now 83% of Lazada. So it isn'ta surprise. But the items on Lazada been faster shipped and you don't have to pay tax (Alibaba & Thailand have a investion agreement). 

About this it is better to buy bigger items (more as 500g) on Lazada. Otherwise it can be that you become a call from a Customs Broker for pay import tax, vat, ...

19 minutes ago, snowgard said:

Right!!! Alibaba hold now 83% of Lazada. So it isn'ta surprise. But the items on Lazada been faster shipped and you don't have to pay tax (Alibaba & Thailand have a investion agreement). 

About this it is better to buy bigger items (more as 500g) on Lazada. Otherwise it can be that you become a call from a Customs Broker for pay import tax, vat, ...

That's true. If I'm not in a hurry I'll order small items from AliExpress, but if it's a big item you can expect hold-ups with Customs, so Lazada is the better option. Also, a lot of items from China are listed on eBay with free shipping too, so it's also worth a look.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KhunFred said:

Tenant protections are a joke. My Thai-Chinese landlady tacks on a 200 baht charge for nearly everything. She can't pad the utility bill because it is issued by the condo, but she TRIES. The Thais believe they have the right to whatever they can gouge out of you. The limits on deposits and the like will be ignored. I won't even try because angering people with influence is dangerous here. Best to submit if you are financially able to do so.

And yet you continue to rent from her...

Perhaps you should walk away and hopefully the next guy who comes along will be a little smarter and refuse to sign up to her terms.

You sir, are part of the problem.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1