Enquiring About Recommended Places To Stay For 6 Mo.

FTB

Greetings all,

Coming over for 6 months in Chiang Mai the beginning of April. I'm looking for a 1 bedroom that is within a 5 minute or so ride of old Chiang Mai (moat area). I would love to have it furnished (bed, telly, fridge)and if possible wireless internet access.

So question #1: Is it possible to find with a budget of 5,000-8,000 bht per month?

#2: Prey tell where do I find such places? Anybody have recommendations of places to stay at or avoid?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings all,

Coming over for 6 months in Chiang Mai the beginning of April. I'm looking for a 1 bedroom that is within a 5 minute or so ride of old Chiang Mai (moat area). I would love to have it furnished (bed, telly, fridge)and if possible wireless internet access.

So question #1: Is it possible to find with a budget of 5,000-8,000 bht per month?

#2: Prey tell where do I find such places? Anybody have recommendations of places to stay at or avoid?

Thanks in advance.

Check out Huay Kaew Residence:

www.huaykaewresidence.com

Internet access is available for 300 baht per month (no wireless capabilities yet), there are fully furnished rooms and apartments for rent with 3-month minimum lease terms and the price ranges from 3,500 - 18,000 baht.

Hope this helps!

Huay Kaew is nice once you get over 12 000. Big rooms and lots of space.

For 6500 you get a tiny room. If your neighbours talk a lot, get ready to hear their every conversation.

Really, you need to pay 10 000 and above to get a decent apartment / condo in CM.

Houses are much cheaper.

Huay Kaew is nice once you get over 12 000. Big rooms and lots of space.

For 6500 you get a tiny room. If your neighbours talk a lot, get ready to hear their every conversation.

Really, you need to pay 10 000 and above to get a decent apartment / condo in CM.

Houses are much cheaper.

I disagree, I stay at Huay Gaew Residence and pay 4000 baht plus internet connection and there is no noise at all at night where I stay. Unless theres an argument going on its ok. The only thing that I can hear right now is the faint whirr of the lift hydralics! The rooms are more than enough for a single guy or gal. You have to buy your own bedding but all the other furnishings are there.

10,000 baht is waay too much, thats sugar daddy money.

6,500 could get you a fully equipped condo in Chiang Mai with all the goodies including biometric fingerprint entry, 2 air cons, three rooms, WiFi etc!

I know as I've been offered that to stay in the blue residence apartment on the canel road which has all the above.

If you want bargin basement then outside of Chiang Mai there are apartments for 1,500 baht with UBC (My GF stays in one.) and they aint that bad, size is comparable to HG Residence and the only drawback is you need a bike to get to and from the city (5 minutes drive) and fluency in thai may be required to negotiate.

Edited by JimsKnight

10,000 baht is waay too much, thats sugar daddy money.

Sugar daddy here.... :o and paying 10,000 baht a month.

Would not want to have a bigger or slightly cheaper place at Canal Road or somewhere else far out... :D

Here at Huay Kaew you have it all..... go for lunch and easy shopping to the mall, go for fitness to Orchid Hotel, not far from the Moat..... and nice cafes nearby.

Not to forget the pretty decent people in the residence....

Thats how I see it....

doi ping apartments

.. I paid 7k Thb + elec in '98 ..

at the dead end of ratchaingsaen,

several blocks down the street (ratchaingsaen) that is just past Lani Thai hotel.

it's a few minute walk to the moat from the apartment

the street (ratchaingsaen) dead ends at the Mai Ping River /

apartment is across the street from a budest monestary .. we could see into their fenced compound from out 7th floor 1 bd room.. watch the monks doing their daily chores.

quite place .. 24 hour security .. no pool .. only bedroom w/ a/c.

kitchen w/o appliances or propane tank

Doi Ping Mansion 270634-43

148 Charoen Prathet Rd.,

T. Chang Khlan,

A. Muang,

Chiang Mai 50100

• 2 weeks later...
Greetings all,

Thanks in advance.

Someone mentioned that houses are less expensive to rent..is that right? What kind of rentals and how close to CM are they? Are there alot of house rentals within resonable monthly payments, safety, and such??

That's the problem with detached houses, they are nice and relatively less expensive, the problem is security, every time I hear about a break in , it was in a detached house. Condos are less appealing, but for me and my computers, which are leterally my whole life, a condo with surv.cameras and security is a must.

Anyway I'm sure you can find a gated house with these features, expect to pay more though.

In my experience the best way to find a nice house is going around with a motorbike, write down the tel numbers and let a thai friend make the calls, you can find real bargains that way. No Thai friends? Then you are screwed hehe. Take a tour around the two main rings ( the roads , you know..).

Ah, and search here, I remember, lots of posts about the subject, and people who can express themselves, in a much better English than me. :o:D

Someone mentioned that houses are less expensive to rent..is that right? What kind of rentals and how close to CM are they? Are there alot of house rentals within resonable monthly payments, safety, and such??

That's the problem with detached houses, they are nice and relatively less expensive, the problem is security, every time I hear about a break in , it was in a detached house. Condos are less appealing, but for me and my computers, which are leterally my whole life, a condo with surv.cameras and security is a must.

Anyway I'm sure you can find a gated house with these features, expect to pay more though.

In my experience the best way to find a nice house is going around with a motorbike, write down the tel numbers and let a thai friend make the calls, you can find real bargains that way. No Thai friends? Then you are screwed hehe. Take a tour around the two main rings ( the roads , you know..).

Ah, and search here, I remember, lots of posts about the subject, and people who can express themselves, in a much better English than me. :o:D

It's a few more months before I make the move myself, but I'll search this and the other forums as the time gets closer. I appreciate the feedback also. Thanks

Tom

It's a few more months before I make the move myself, but I'll search this and the other forums as the time gets closer. I appreciate the feedback also. Thanks

Tom

Check out

www.ht-real-estate.com

www.better-homes.com

www.chiangmaihouse.com

They usually have a fair selection

Just to let people know I appreciate the replies to the post. Notes are jotted down and I'll be searching when I'm back over in a month.

Peoples first hand accounts of the residences i.e. Pumper. StefanH, etc. are quite valuable. Thank you.

Being a bachelor my meals are eaten out quite often so close proximity to decent food stalls is especially nice. How is it that some people prefer a mall close by :o ???? Seems CNX is a place to try and do without most of those horrors for most of us.

How is the parking at HK residence?

As a bachelor the occasional lady shall be most likely be making an appearance at my castle. Has anybody heard about issues in this regard at good ole HK Residence? Someone noted that it is not allowed. Maybe if I get a note from mom, eh?

Edited by FTB