changing over visas

I need some advice from you immigration gurus out there.

I have been retired in Thailand for 2 years on a married visa as my wife is Thai.  Due to all the hassle involved last year in renewing the married visa i have decided to apply for a retirement visa this year when it is due at the beginning of October.

My question is this, because it will be a my 1st application for a retirement visa, is it 2 months that the 800k has to have been in my account?, or is it 3 months because i have already been here for 2 years on a different visa. The amount isn't a problem, just means i might have to shuffle some money.

Thanks in advance

The 800k baht will need to be in the bank for 3 months on the date you apply for the extension of stay (it is not a visa). Under the rules the first extension is considered to be one for a 90 day entry from a non-o visa.

In case you have any need for it, plse also note that you can do a so called combinatioin now if you apply for extension based on retirement. Meaning that if you have a income that you can get confirmed from your embassy, that one PLUS eventuel money in the bank shall add upp to 800.000B.

So if you have 40.000 baht per month in pension for exemple.. that is x 12 = 480.000 baht, so you then need to have in the bank only 320.000 baht to reach 800.000 baht...

glegolo