World Cup gambling operation busted in Rawai

rooster59

World Cup gambling operation busted in Rawai 

Eakkapop Thongtub

1529736520_1-org.jpg

Two men were arrested in Rawai yesterday (June 22) for running a gambling operation. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A joint task force of police and military personnel arrested two local men on charges of running a gambling operation yesterday (June 22).

At 4.20pm yesterday, a join task force led by Maj Anurak Klangnarong from Chalong Police raided a house in Rawai and arrested two men for running a gambling operation, namely betting on FIFA World Cup matches.

The arrested were identified as Kosri Ruengrit, 55, and Sivawut Ruangrit, 30. Both were charged with organising gambling without official permission under the Gambling Control Act of 1935.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/world-cup-gambling-operation-busted-in-rawai-67616.php#demo

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-06-23

The raid in Rawai was conducted under an order by Vice Admiral Somnuk Preampramot (Commander of the Third Area Command in Phuket), Maj Gen Teeraphol Thipjaroen (Phuket Provincial Police Commander), Col Santi Sakuntanak (Commander of the 25th Infantry Regiment) Col Sermpan Sirikong (Phuket Provincial Police Deputy Commander) and Col Pakayot Tanongsak (Chalong Police Chief).

Obviously took Phuket's finest Police and Naval brains to organise such a major raid!

I personally am happy to see these bastards taken down having been an innocent victim of their activities during World Cup in 2010. 

I lost about 100k baht to a travel agent who they had their claws into. Now all my travel arrangements are made on the web using my credit card. Beware of parting with cash during WC.