Marriage registration in BangLamung district office

roulax

Hi Everyone,

Me and my thai partner want to register our wedding. We have all the documents ready and certified by MOF and my embassy.

When trying to go to my local amphur and phoned the one in Rayong, they said we should go to Pattaya/BangLamung because they are not experienced in marrying foreigners....

Anyone got its marriage registered there recently and could share some feedback?

Thank you

Lots of smaller Amphers will send you to Banglamung, same when I enquired at Chonburi (town) they sent us to Banglamung. They are set up to do it 3-4 desks etc. No real need for witnesses, if you dont have one a staff member witnesses.

• 9 months later...

I am in the final stage of getting my marriage validated at the Banglamung Amphur, so this information is up-to-date. TheAmphur will NOT provide witnesses; you need to bring your own 2 Thai witnesses with their Thai ID cards. 

What we need is a dual language Thai(Thai and English) that we can find in that complex to translate the certificate and other documents before we sign them. I'd appreciate any suggestions; please don't ask about witnesses. Not relevant in our case.