Beer heiress loses bid for financial aid to fight treason charge

webfact

1 hour ago, Fex Bluse said:

She's not hard on the eyes, but much harder on the ears. Considering her on an intellectual or merit basis is about as useful as tits on a bull. 

https://youtu.be/RJeQUJz_6ug

What a complete waste of a good education is all that comes to mind.   She as no love for participatory government or is even aware of due process.  It is obvious her parents gave her everything she wanted while she was growing up with the exception of good manners and good sense.  No wonder why I hate Thai beer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

What a complete waste of a good education is all that comes to mind.   She as no love for participatory government or is even aware of due process.  It is obvious her parents gave her everything she wanted while she was growing up with the exception of good manners and good sense.  No wonder why I hate Thai beer.

Indeed. I've been saying since I arrived the problem with locals is not in their ability to learn, it is rather in their disinterest in learning the right things when those things disagree with their cultural leanings. 

What it amounts to is that talking to many Thais with world-class education, who have traveled the world, is little different from taking to Thais with none. Their cultural predispositions, and how steadfastly they hold to them, make them perfectly predictable and boring. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fex Bluse said:

Indeed. I've been saying since I arrived the problem with locals is not in their ability to learn, it is rather in their disinterest in learning the right things when those things disagree with their cultural leanings. 

What it amounts to is that talking to many Thais with world-class education, who have traveled the world, is little different from taking to Thais with none. Their cultural predispositions, and how steadfastly they hold to them, make them perfectly predictable and boring. 

The average Thai rarely does things to irk me if they are not driving a automobile.   It is the officialdom, the entitled and the ultra nationalist Thais that are intolerable.  They are just hopeless

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

The average Thai rarely does things to irk me if they are not driving a automobile.   It is the officialdom, the entitled and the ultra nationalist Thais that are intolerable.  They are just hopeless

I can agree with that sentiment. Average Thais are, on balance, pleasant. And I much prefer them to the "upper-class" Thais. Insufferable is the perfect way to describe them. I'm highly allergic to them, but, sadly, I'm forced to deal with them in my work. 

I deal with upper classes from dozens of countries in my work, often having to live in foreign countries for lengthy periods. Upper-class Thais are among the most ignorant people I deal with. They are like I imagine wealthy North Koreans might be. Truly bizarre people. 

• Haha 1

Amazing, this is the piece of shit that claimed the people in Issan and up north were not educated enough to vote. As if people in the south are more educated...

That she applied for a fund meant for low income earners is a bloody disgrace, regardless of her reasons.

Interesting that she needs to stand trial for treason, I know of quite a few that are more likely candidates for such a trial, and vastly more high profile. Think of the likes of Suthep. The mad monk, Prayuth and all of his buddies.

Not sure why she is trying to stall, unless she did something to piss of the NCPO, she has nothing to fear, smoke and mirrors.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:52 PM, GarryP said:

Says more about her family. If Boonrawd were seen to be supporting the PDRC, even if indirectly, it could have damaged their sales, especially in the north and north east. Being neutral was good for business. That was why they came out to say they did not support either side and forced her to change her family name.    

Bit late.

It did and still does affect sales.

Leo sales have dropped off a cliff since 2014 here in the NE.

On 7/5/2018 at 7:51 AM, greenchair said:

I just don't know why they waste public money on promoting her name. 

She won't go to jail. 

She won't face any meaningful penalty. 

She will waste thousands of hours of police and court time that will in the end equate to nothing. 

So, what's the point? 

The point is as the case moves through the justice system, financial arrangements will be made at every twist and turn. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/5/2018 at 7:51 AM, greenchair said:

I just don't know why they waste public money on promoting her name. 

She won't go to jail. 

She won't face any meaningful penalty. 

She will waste thousands of hours of police and court time that will in the end equate to nothing. 

So, what's the point? 

The junta gets to pretend it is applying justice equally.  Some posters wives like to watch these things on the news as evidence of progress of a military power.  Then they like to tell people on this forum how little they know about Thailand.  The courts may throw the book at her or they may not.  It will probably not be justice but some sort of politically driven scheme.   She is hated, rich, had access to an excellent education and is now a great fall guy just before the election.  This might be the point.  She could serve a political end.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

The junta gets to pretend it is applying justice equally.  Some posters wives like to watch these things on the news as evidence of progress of a military power.  Then they like to tell people on this forum how little they know about Thailand.  The courts may throw the book at her or they may not.  It will probably not be justice but some sort of politically driven scheme.   She is hated, rich, had access to an excellent education and is now a great fall guy just before the election.  This might be the point.  She could serve a political end.

I don't think so.