You Know You're Not In Kansas, Liverpool, Sydney

Snark

You take her to McD and foist one of those things on her and then next time you go out, she makes the choice, orders for you, and you get a frog in your soup.

You see a pair of hauntingly beautiful eyes giving you a come on look (and a quite nice figure to match) from a construction worker.

(Come on people, help out here)

You take her to McD and foist one of those things on her and then next time you go out, she makes the choice, orders for you, and you get a frog in your soup.

You see a pair of hauntingly beautiful eyes giving you a come on look (and a quite nice figure to match) from a construction worker.

(Come on people, help out here)

The place has captured your imagination totally :o

When you go into a barber shop in Siam Square for a plain vanilla haircut and you come out after getting a manicure, pedicure, and massage (regular or otherwise) feeling like a million bucks! :o

Your smiles are often returned.

You can walk hand in hand with another person of the same sex and there is no sexual connotation.

You have to leave a ramp of some sort in the kitchen sink so you don't have to deal with the trapped geckos in the morning.

When you can get a Taxi without delay... :D

when every taxi driver indicates he can speak english BEFORE you get in the car... :D

when the photo of the taxi driver on the licence NEVER looks like the driver :o

Amazing Thailand :D

Where you know your house is lucky by hearing the "Doo Kaa" behind your Thoo Yen giving his call 7 times over and over all night! :o

The pooying wants to know where in Thaiville your term comes from. She informs me N. Thai call it (something like) dtoke dtoh.

(Going purely by the different /accents/ we have 4 or 5 of them. Most are defective, with bits and chunks of the call or the preamble followed by a long pause and a croak like a frog.)

You sigh, shrug, and passively accept a few ants in your coffee/tea/whatever.

Where you know your house is lucky by hearing the "Doo Kaa"  behind your Thoo Yen giving his call 7 times over and over all night! :o

The pooying wants to know where in Thaiville your term comes from. She informs me N. Thai call it (something like) dtoke dtoh.

(Going purely by the different /accents/ we have 4 or 5 of them. Most are defective, with bits and chunks of the call or the preamble followed by a long pause and a croak like a frog.)

You sigh, shrug, and passively accept a few ants in your coffee/tea/whatever.

It might be spelled Dthoo-Kaa? Thai/English transliteration sometimes is tough but the creature I'm referring to is like a large Monitor Lizard. It gets it's name from the sound it makes and when it calls seven times within your house, that's considered lucky.

Thais eat them too but I won't! :D

Right. Them things. Had one cornered once by the sink. Live and let live with it hissing at me every time I got too near.

Let's add:

You see a couple of what appears to be jurassic period escapees engaged in a mating ritual on the outside of the window.

You can add to that, if your Farang mother saw that sight she would scream. If your local mother saw it, into the soup they go.