Thai schools

lanny

I would like to bring my Thai wife's son to Bangkok to live with us.  But, she says he cannot go to school here because he needs to have a Bangkok address.  She seems to think my rented apartment will not qualify.

Does anyone out there know what the requirements are?  Or, is there a website (in English) that can tell me?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

No papers required for fee taking schools
Although that might seem to be logical do not think it is true.  I do know that all kinds of paperwork is required but don't know for sure if Home Register listing is part of it but strongly suspect it is.  FYI:  very, very few students in Bangkok get 'free' education.  Although the schools may be inexpensive compared to International type school many/most? do attend private for profit schools.  Look forward to someone being able to provide definitive answer.

It is just not the case to say most students in Bangkok go to schools outside the state system.

That would be news to the Education Ministry, which has been struggling to find places for all the students wanting to attend state schools this term.

• Like 1