Road Trip from Si Saket to Koh Chang

insiket

Hi Guys,

I,m planning to drive from Si Saket (Kanthalarak) to Koh Chang later in the year.

I am looking for a reputable hire car company in Ubon airport.And would anybody know of a nice resort 6-7 hours drive from Si Saket(leaving a few hours to drive the following morning to koh chang ferries.

I would like to get most of the driving done the first day..And would be looking for a resort with a pool to stop for the night and complete the journey the following morning.

Any advice appreciated.Thanks

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

We have already travelled the same route from Kantharalak to Ko Chang  three times.  We use to stop over in 

SOI DAO  -  that's a community along the 317  from Aranyaphrathet to Chantaburi.

You can make it there in one day if you leave Kantharalak by the early morning not later than 7 am, and don't make too many stops along the route.  Go by Lahan Sai, then the Tappraya Pass, avoid Aranyaprathet but take the 317 south

There are several resorts along the route 317 when you have almost passed the town of Soi Dao. There is a fantastic nice terrace restaurant & resort on a hilltop overlooking the scenery. They have bungalows, yet were fully booked on our inquiry. However we dined out with them by the evening and enjoyed great food and a magnificent sunset. Our resort was a stone throw away just below the hill . . . a rather new resort with plenty of clean aircon rooms.  When you google the surroundings you will find most of the accomodations listed.

I am not allowed to use the google coordinates, but you may find the location when you copy and paste the following word into google Maps Search:

ครัว9เหรียญ

This is the restaurant.  And yes, they have a swimming pool . . . 

I just don't know if they operate in during the rainy season.

Sai Khao, Amphoe Soi Dao, Chanthaburi 22180, Thailand

ตำบล ทรายขาว อำเภอ สอยดาว จันทบุรี 22180

+66 81 909 4413

Edited by crazygreg44
  • Like 1

Hi.Thanks for your reply.However I can,t open the google co-ordinates

I too have done this trip a few times (from Surin/Sisaket) and confirm that’s the best route. As said there are a lot of resorts along the way, so your choice is easy. Just stop when your tired!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 7/12/2018 at 9:24 PM, insiket said:

Hi.Thanks for your reply.However I can,t open the google co-ordinates

just copy & paste this word and insert

ครัว9เหรียญ

into the google map search

when the map opens, it will show you two hits, one is near Lopburi, and the other is the Soi Dao restaurant.  There are two resorts right next about 1 km away

Edited by crazygreg44
  • Like 1