Express Bus To Airport

Not sure how other people feel but Bangkok taxis speeding to the airport at 140 kph always seem to make me want to kiss the ground when arriving without mishap.

I used to like taking the old airport bus but the new service seems to be less frequent and take longer. I am therefore thinking about taking the Sky Train to On-nut and either catching the AE3 Airport Express bus or the No 552 to the airport from here.

Can anybody confirm that the airport express AE3 Sukhumvit bus passes On-nut station on the way to the airport or does it turn off before On-nut station and take the more direct expressway?

Is the 552 bus running and is it a reasonably direct quick, trip to the airport?

Or should I just take a taxi?

Thanks

Not sure how other people feel but Bangkok taxis speeding to the airport at 140 kph always seem to make me want to kiss the ground when arriving without mishap.

I used to like taking the old airport bus but the new service seems to be less frequent and take longer. I am therefore thinking about taking the Sky Train to On-nut and either catching the AE3 Airport Express bus or the No 552 to the airport from here.

Can anybody confirm that the airport express AE3 Sukhumvit bus passes On-nut station on the way to the airport or does it turn off before On-nut station and take the more direct expressway?

Is the 552 bus running and is it a reasonably direct quick, trip to the airport?

Or should I just take a taxi?

Thanks

I dont know about the 552, but last week I took the 517 from Morchit bus station, and then switched to the 551 at Rama IX. Only had to wait a few minutes, maybe was lucky. From there it is a direct trip to the airport, goes as fast as a taxi :o , and costs only 34 B

Only AE3 (150 baht) and 552 (35 baht) run between On Nut and Suvarnabhumi. AE3 leaves directly from the passenger terminal building. For 552 you have to take the shuttle (express or local) to the transportation center.

I took 552 a few weeks ago from the airport to On-Nut at ~ 07:00. It goes via the Bang Na-Trat highway but on the lower level and access roads and makes many, many stops. From the terminal to the transportation center to On-Nut took 1:10. I think the AE's go via the motoryway so should be quicker?

The 551 bus, between Victory Monument and Suvarnabhumi is quite quick as it utilizes the expressway/motorway. I've taken it twice, from VM to BKK, and it's taken ~ 35 min. tops. The bus does travel at similar high speeds once on the motor-/expressway so be prepared. (We passed a few taxis in the far right lane!)

Not sure where your originating point is, but suggest BTS to VM then the 551 bus as an alternative. This can save you ~ 200 baht vs. a taxi but maybe take twice as long? You'll save even less using the AE3, maybe 115 baht?

I also have a few of those maps, in different sizes. and theyre INcomplete. They dont show all routes nor the full route: f.e. that 552 CONTINUES all along Sukhumvit to Asoke, then serves the Sirikitti centre and end at klong Toey garage [and yes, as any bus, also reverse]. due to how the roads are, the AE (@ 150 bt=4 times as much) follows the very same route via bangnaTrat road, it cannot use the motorway there.

As someone above pionts out: you should have told from where in town you leave, and the 551 from Vict Mon (there are also new, dedicated vans now, but very little room for luggage), though its not obvious to reach from the skytrain, is far quicker, on time, regular and faster too.