Tefl Schools?

james_goku

Hi, james. You could start with the ads right here on Teaching in Thailand. It's no problem in some places, such as Chiang Mai, where reasonably priced guesthouses and lodgings abound. I stayed at a guesthouse for 7 weeks while preparing, taking the course, and finding work. I think a school in Phuket may have housing on the premises.

what about the weekend 20 hr thingy

is that worth it or should i take the long 10 weeks

should i even get it??

i have been talking to a thai women that works in hua hin, she said that she can get me a job teaching at a school there, and i told her i have no tefl and no degree right now. she said its no prob, she can get me a job there.

what should i think of this..should i take it?

James,

No you should not take the job. You need to know how to teach before you become a teacher. A four week training course is the least you could do.

I'm not sure if you're taking the piss or not, but you should seriously research the ramifications of getting caught working without a degree in Thailand. Better yet, why don't you ask yourself if you really want to become an educator, or if you're even qualified to become one.

Edited by The Bartender

I'm not sure if you're taking the piss or not, but you should seriously research the ramifications of getting caught working without a degree in Thailand.

there are no ramifications if you work without a degree. Nothing illegal about not having a degree.

Many teachers I know have no degree and are working with or without a work permit. It is illegal to work without a work permit but up to now very few teachers have ever had action taken against them. However if you use a fake degree to obtain a work permit then that is fraud and you will be in the proverbial.