Chinese charged with murder

geovalin

Phnom Penh Municipal Court yesterday charged a Chinese businesswoman with murder for ramming her luxury car into a motorbike, killing its driver and seriously injuring the passenger in Phnom Penh’s Chamkamon district. Court documents identified the accused as Yuan Tang, 26, a constructions materials vendor living at a rental house in Sen Sok district’s Toek Thla commune.

The court charged Ms Yuan with intentional murder and she faces up to 15 years if convicted. She was arrested on Monday and is now in prison pending her trial. Third Lieutenant Sok Pheng, a district police officer, said at about 11.30pm on Monday, Ms Yuan was driving with a friend and went to park her car along Street 244 in Tuol Tumpoung II commune.

He said that while parking, she noticed two Cambodian men, Sarun Piseth, 28, and Be Sophea David, 24, on a motorbike heading toward the car and suspected that they were snatch thieves out to steal phones from her and her friend. Third Lt Pheng added that to protect themselves from being robbed, Ms Yuan drove her car and hit the motorbike, seriously injuring both men.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50523768/chinese-charged-with-murder/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 17/08

4 hours ago, oldrunner said:

I don't think even a THAI judge would buy that bullshuger.

Here we go this is absolutely nothing to do with thai justice system but a westerner cant resist taking a snide swipe at thr country that kindly and graciously  allows him to reside as a guest.

Shouldn't surprise me but

On 8/17/2018 at 4:20 PM, phantomfiddler said:

That has to be the lamest defense excuse I have ever heard

Maybe not so lame:

"He (Third Lt Pheng) added that Mr Piseth is accused by police of attempted theft and will be sent to Phnom Penh Municipal Court when he recovers."

Sounds more like a question of proportionate force to me.