Update on new Mazda CX-5

BBJ

A couple of months ago we bought a CX-5 which was replaced with a brand new motor a week later after finding a few faults.  This is the wife's car so I don't get to drive as I have my own motor.  However, while my wife was working away for a few days I used her car and noticed immediately banging and clanging from the front-end.  I pulled over and checked underneath and noticed the plastic sump and engine guard was flapping around, but the noise was metallic.  The sound was similar to a track-rod end clanging around.  The slightest bump over a speed hump, for instance, would produce this loud knock.  

Anyway, off we go to Mazda having booked in and the engineer seemed to know immediately what it was.  The translation I got was replacing a rubber, I presume a rubber mount and tightening a nut.

While I am at it, I find the motor uncomfortable to ride.  Nowhere to rest your arms as a passenger as everything is shaped in a way that it applies pressure point, and the steering is shaped like you're holding onto a shinbone applying pressure to your hands.  Despite the lack of dealers, my KIA carnival wins hands down in every aspect.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Whaooo, glad i did not purchase this cx5, thanks for your report, which model is it that your wife drive ?

Kia is surely a very good brand in car making, the Carnival is a great vehicule with no bad surprises.

I actually enjoy very much driving the Toyota CH-R with hybrid engine, luxury interior ans real comfort on the road with still some fun if you want to.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Sam Lin said:

Did you buy it new? Do you have the paperwork from when they replaced the motor?

Yes, it was brand new and left the showroom with a few faults.  We demanded the car be changed and it was and we held on to the first CX-5 until a new one was delivered from the factory.

When I say motor, a new car was replaced, not just the engine. To be clear.

Edited by BBJ
  • Like 2

You must be wrong ! Someone on this forum who drove BMW suddenly changed for Mazda Mx5 and said that it is as good ! hahahaha ?

He should maybe also tell us what made him change from a great German car to cheap crap Jap car ?

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Why be so Unpleasant. Ive had M5s for 4 years now.I will go back to a Crap Jap Accord or Toyo because they simply are not crap.!. In fact the ride in a Teana is better on Thai roads than mine.. Nothing wrong with either, only thing wrong is German Cars live off Myths of yesterdays build quality.

Who is being unpleasant?

• Haha 1

Just returned from a 500km plus day trip to Suan and Phueng I have to admit I was impressed with the drive.   Carving through the mountains and hills was great and the ride was really fantastic.  

I agree with the above regarding the interior quality and assuming the niggles have been ironed out then it will be a solid car.

CX-5.jpg

DJI_0215.JPG

DJI_0245.JPG

SnapShot.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1