Tyler Perry Offers Geoffrey Owens a Job After He's Shamed for Working at Trader Joe's

snoop1130

Tyler Perry Offers Geoffrey Owens a Job After He's Shamed for Working at Trader Joe's

By NATALIE STONE

fgg.JPG

Geoffrey Owens and Tyler Perry / Robin Marchant/Getty; Robin Marchant/Getty

Geoffrey Owens could be making a return to TV after quitting his job at Trader Joes.

Last week, the Daily Mail and Fox News published photos — snapped by a shopper — of The Cosby Show alum bagging groceries at a Trader Joe’s in New Jersey.

Owens, who worked at the grocery store for 15 months, first took the job because he wanted “flexibility” in order to stay in the entertainment business; he’s since quit over all the attention.

But his unemployment period might not be for too long. On Tuesday, filmmaker Tyler Perry offered Owens, 57, a job on an OWN drama.

Full Story: https://people.com/tv/tyler-perry-offers-geoffrey-owens-job/

57 minutes ago, soistalker said:

I had to think a while to remember who he was. It messed up that they embarrass him like that while he's just trying to work. And his excuse of taking the job to stay in entertainment is B.S.. But it seems to have worked in a backdoor kind of way.

heh heh heh... Free advertising!

in the same sort of way that notoriety works...

2 hours ago, soistalker said:

I had to think a while to remember who he was. It messed up that they embarrass him like that while he's just trying to work. And his excuse of taking the job to stay in entertainment is B.S.. But it seems to have worked in a backdoor kind of way.

What is he supposed to say? I am broke, my luck ran out, and this is all I could get? A man has to have some pride, I guess. Nothing wrong with hope and a dream. Perry is worth $600 million, so he can afford to give the guy a break, and I always enjoy seeing a man who is down on his luck, get another chance at success.

• Like 2