So, thats plan A belly up

eyecatcher

This is the busy intersection at the road tax office and this "can do" professional is attempting to change the streetlight bulb (I assume)

Didnt take him long to see his tower was 2m short and to reach the light the car needs to be sitting much further out.

I was half tempted to suggest he blew his car tyres up a bit more.

Just another cringeworthy sighting to shake your head at

IMG_20180906_140620.JPG

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, impulse said:

Back home, they'd have 10 guys at union wages costing $25,000 to change one bulb.  They'd have 2 electricians, 2 cherry picker operators, 2 flagmen, one safety coordinator and 3 supervisors.  They'd start their day at 8:30 AM, finish their morning coffee at 9:30, check out their tools by 10:30 and go on their break until 11:00.  They'd arrive on the site at 12:00, just in time for lunch.  They'd be back on site at 1:30, have the cherry picker set up by 3:00 (including their afternoon break), then start the actual work at 3:30, after their safety meeting.  They'd have the bulb replaced by 3:40, which gives them just enough time to get the tools checked in at the tool shed before they all worked 1/2 an hour of overtime (at time and a half), because they just couldn't get it done on regular hours.

This Thai guy will get the bulb replaced for about $10 once he figures out that last 2 meters.  Which he will.  Before lunch.

And the Thai guy probably came out to do the job within an hour of someone calling in that the light was out vs. the job having to be scheduled several weeks in advance.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NancyL said:

And the Thai guy probably came out to do the job within an hour of someone calling in that the light was out vs. the job having to be scheduled several weeks in advance.

haha I bet that's not true it's probably been out for months just like the CCTV cameras

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

That's also true Nancy, 

I also didn't mention that he is completely alone and he erected that tower of 2 lifts on the back of his tiny "familia" whilst I was sat there and the traffic behind him was on red!

13 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

A bamboo ladder on top of the tower, leaning against the power cables will get him up there.

You know I actually saw something similar today. well same same but different.

It was the PEA. The bamboo ladder was too long for him to erect at the mandatory 70 degrees incline onto the electric  column so it was leaning at about 30 degrees, almost flat and most of it in the road (a quiet road) but he was clever, to support it mid span he had his nice sturdy aluminium step ladder with one foot on the road the other in the mud.

Actually I should have stopped to record that one aswell.

17 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

They'll get a bamboo ladder, and lean it against the wires. Nothing to worry about, bamboo is non-conducting.

Dammit, wgdanson got there before me.

no bamboo isn't, its all the aluminium wire that ties every rung together that you need to worry about