40000 Before Or After Tax?

Hi everyone!

This question has probably been answered before, but I have looked through old posts and come up empty so far.

The missus has just landed herself a new job which will pay 40000 Baht/month before tax. My question is will this be OK for me to apply for an extension as dependant on my Non-O? After tax her income will not be 40000 (minus 5% or so)

I have a multi-O and am thinking about doing the extension of stay as a dependant of Thai wife.

As always, I look forward to our members advice.

Wazza69

As long as she has tax records for three months showing tax on an income of 40k or more it should fly.

Thanks for that quick reply.

Is there a list anywhere with the required documents? and How many days left on your visa do you need before applying in Bangkok?

Wazza69

Should do between 3 and 4 week remaining and new regulation requirements have not yet been posted on Immigration website but Sunbelt has provided a breakdown several times in last week or so if you want to check his posts. If you are in Bangkok suspect they have a list available at office or could advise on phone.

Per Sunbelt post:

You will need the following:

1. Copy of Household Registration of Thai Wife.

2. Copy of Identification Card of Thai Wife.

3. Copy of Marriage Certificate

4. Clarification of Marital Status before Marriage.

5. Statement of guarantee of pension income from your Embassy that you have an income of at least Baht 40,000 per month or letter of guarantee from a foreign employer, that you are a employee, salary, position, years worked or Proof of this Thai income with the last three months of Phor Ngor Dor.1 (Personal Income tax form filed on a monthly basis) and Phor Ngor Dor.91 ( Filed on a yearly basis in March)

6.Copy of birth certificates of children. (if any)

7.Photo of place of residence. (show house’s number)

8.Map and telephone’s number of place of residence.

9.If under the age of 50 and working, a letter of guarantee from your employer. A copy of work permit as well.

10. Pictures of your wives clothes and your clothes in the same closet, picture of you and your wife on a living room sofa and a picture of the outside of the house with the house # in the picture. (This is not required if you have a birth certificate of children together.)

11. Application form TM 7 with 2x2 inch square photo’s attached.

12. A valid passport

Edited by lopburi3
add Sunbelt post quote

Should do between 3 and 4 week remaining and new regulation requirements have not yet been posted on Immigration website but Sunbelt has provided a breakdown several times in last week or so if you want to check his posts. If you are in Bangkok suspect they have a list available at office or could advise on phone.

Great stuff!

Thanks again. I will check with Sunbelt.

I am so sorry but ,I cannot keep laughing ,can they not think about something better??

Maybe they want a picture from me and my wife in the closet?????? :o:D:D:D

:D A number of guys have been getting married for a visa and don't really know the wife. The clothes in the closet, helps the officer determine that they really do live together.

If they have a birth certificate, then no need for the pictures as the officer then has the proof the marriage has been consummated and he knew his wife.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

I am so sorry but ,I cannot keep laughing ,can they not think about something better??

Maybe they want a picture from me and my wife in the closet?????? :o:D:D:D

:D A number of guys have been getting married for a visa and don't really know the wife. The clothes in the closet, helps the officer determine that they really do live together.

If they have a birth certificate, then no need for the pictures as the officer then has the proof the marriage has been consummated and he knew his wife.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Brilliant ! ;-) Thanks Guys for the Entertainment. I've had a few bad days, pretty down, verging on depresion; I'm now full of beans again after an Hour of Histerical laughter, many many thanks. ...... Is there a possible business oportunity here, selling photo's of 'mixed' clothing hanging in a wardrobe, or photo's of you and your wife on my sofa (for a small fee)

Sorry to make light entertainment out of this, but seriously, I have a low 'bulls**t' threshold, I'm thankfull I have the option to return to my country when my visa expires. Hope to see you all there 'en-masse' ;-)

Jubby

"Is there a possible business oportunity here, selling photo's of 'mixed' clothing hanging in a wardrobe, or photo's of you and your wife on my sofa (for a small fee)"

Khao San Road: 3000 bht for 2 pics of a farang/Thai closet 'in use', and 'out the back', 8000bht for 5 pics of you and your 'wife' on different pieces of furniture. (All quickly faked in Photoshop)

Edited by beerchang