Medical weed law clears Thai Cabinet

snoop1130

1 hour ago, The traveler said:

It doesn’t need to be regulated, to much regulation are often annoying, less regulation, more freedom, but it depends on what.

when it comes to drugs,food, alcohol or whatever that affect only themselves, but in som cases the family, but not always and the family’s job to solve those problems, I don’t need the government to control my life telling me what I can do and where I can you, but some people like to be a puppet for the government..

Some people claim to be free of the impact of regulation, but a few moment's thought easily and usually demonstrated that this argument is always bogus.

Laws and regulations have a role to play is managing society. In their fundamentals is the principle that having laws prevents people from killing each other, and this has been the case throughout history. The trick is to prevent the lawmakers from creating laws for their own benefit, and in that respect, Thailand has a very poor record as indeed it does in the wider respect of corruption and self-centred-ness.

Never-the-less, laws do have a purpose and many Thai laws can be shown to be beneficial to society. The trick is getting Thais in general to take any notice of them, and how to prevail upon the police to do their job and enforce the laws. To those who don't like a law, or believe that it serves a corrupt interest, here's what to do: get off your bottom and get it repealed. If you can't be successful in that and still feel that you can't live with it, then go live somewhere else with laws more to your liking. It's your only real alternative.

I did not make the observation that Thais in general are incompetent and lawless and have no obvious principles, but I cannot honestly disagree with the person who did. There are always the muppets and stupids who claim that any and all laws (but usually only the ones they don't like) are equivalent to a 'nanny state', but that's just daft. Some people don't like dogs. Or cats. Or spiders. And there's probably no reasonable basis for those either.

In any case, any kind of legalisation of the kind of weed one smokes ot otherwise ingests will not be laid down, the police and the armed forces and others who make a fortune from weed being illegal will see to that - this is Thailand after all.

Edited by HalfLight
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, johnny49r said:

MJ ranked with Morphine? Wow that must be some strong stuff they are growing. Suddenly I have developed severe pain in my hump. Time to go visit my favorite quack. 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

moving it to a less-controlled drug category or to the same rank as morphine.

2 hours ago, johnny49r said:

MJ ranked with Morphine? Wow that must be some strong stuff they are growing. Suddenly I have developed severe pain in my hump. Time to go visit my favorite quack. 

Marijuana is not being reclassified, kratom is—see the article, “The bill does not reclassify marijuana as a less-controlled narcotic. It, however, seeks to reclassify kratom (Mitragyna speciosa), moving it to a less-controlled drug category or to the same rank as morphine.”

1 hour ago, The traveler said:

It doesn’t need to be regulated, to much regulation are often annoying, less regulation, more freedom, but it depends on what.

when it comes to drugs,food, alcohol or whatever that affect only themselves, but in som cases the family, but not always and the family’s job to solve those problems, I don’t need the government to control my life telling me what I can do and where I can you, but some people like to be a puppet for the government..

oh trust me I feel the same, but the reality is that government exists, and it has the ultimate power over everyone (I mean globally not just here) So making cannabis a recognised medicine is better than nothing in this current situation. 
Government is just an idea, and it is meant to serve the people, but over time this has changed and now it utterly controls. It's not going anywhere anytime soon though 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rozand said:

What is coming to the market, i guess it is the-oil mostly. Quite different in way of taking then a joint. Not much fun to "misuse". More worried about patenting something that should not be patented, like many other food and health resources. Greed.

I can assure you that the oil is very recreationally enjoyable, as well as medicinal ????

Once the word gets out concerning all the positive benefits of CBD (cannaboids, medical marijuana) the sale of conventional medicine pain pills will mostly drop to zero! Pharmacies better see the writing on the wall and start switching over to CBD as fast as possible! This will hurt the drug companies big time, unless they get in on the action.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed again. Please stop using bold font when posting.
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, NextStationBangkok said:

Can anyone legally grow in their balcony ?

If so, then we know what will be blamed for the jumping....

• Haha 1

RE Cabinet gives green signal for medical use of marjuana

Puttipong said the law would be under the legal purview of the Health Ministry for five years.

Cant see where the green signal fits in.....

On 11/14/2018 at 4:47 AM, Samui Bodoh said:

"...In all, the bill unlocks marijuana use for patients and doctors only,” Government Spokesman Puttipong Punnakanta said..." 

And, no one has paid 150 Baht for a Doctor to provide a medical clearance form for a DL. No one. Seriously, no one at all. Nobody. Not ever.

"...There are, however, lingering concerns about whether the authorities will be able to efficiently control marijuana once it is allowed for patients to use at home..."

Those concerns are 100% correct. Once it is legalized for medicinal purposes, it will become widespread in Thai society. Therefore, it is a better policy to simply legalize it outright now, set reasonable controls on its purchase, and watch the tax money roll in.

It is a waste of time, money and effort to go through this, but I guess that decades of false, useless information is hard to overcome. 

I wonder if future historians will cite this legalization debate as a classic example of human self-delusion and obstinate behaviour?

Hmm....

I 100% agree it would be better to just legalise it altogether. 

But having it legalised under strict controls doesn't necessarily mean you can just walk to Somchai's clinic down the soi to obtain a prescription. If we take a look at other prescription drugs under strict controls, such as ADHD/ADD drugs like Ritalin, they are actually very hard to get in Thailand unless you visit a psychiatric hospital and get a proper diagnosis. I would imagine that it will be similar with weed in Thailand to start with. 

Edited by SS1

I think the mistake here is they’re going into this with all this overhang of strict control measures and then they say it will may be further eased or restricted.

The advocacy has already reached critical mass in many states and countries.

My thoughts are, quit jacking off the public, legalize it and accept the fact it’s safer to use than alcohol, profitable and less destructive to the communities AND actually has medicinal qualities.

Edited by Nowisee

On 11/14/2018 at 2:13 PM, amse said:

Once the word gets out concerning all the positive benefits of CBD (cannaboids, medical marijuana) the sale of conventional medicine pain pills will mostly drop to zero! Pharmacies better see the writing on the wall and start switching over to CBD as fast as possible! This will hurt the drug companies big time, unless they get in on the action.

Dude when my back hurts real bad, a doobie is OK but Percs are better. Somehow I dont see CBD replacing opiates for serious pain.

i have one question: is that really help for chronic pain?

i have back surgery in america about 15 year a go,but the pain is back and very bad,in america i have good medecine to help but in thailand they don't have a lot,i take tramadole and that help a little but i really need something that really work,when i get up in the morning i can't stand!

19 hours ago, no deal said:

Sadly, no. It's not really comparable to strong pain killers. If you have serious back problems it would only play a small role in your overall pain management. It may help you cope with your condition mentally though. 

On 11/15/2018 at 6:41 AM, no deal said:

Unfortunately not. A lot of pain problems are caused by auto-immunity: search for Phil Escott's videos on YouTube - he fixed himself naturally when lots of doctors failed.

Don't medicate, get well!