Chiang Mai Mail Returns

Ulysses G.

I used to advertise with Chiang Mai Mail - Chiang Mai's only English language newspaper - until they went out of business.

They called recently to let us know that they will be starting up again soon, but have raised prices for advertising. I pointed out that they never finished our previous contract and they gave us the same price as before. :o

I used to advertise with Chiang Mai Mail - Chiang Mai's only English language newspaper - until they went out of business.

They called recently to let us know that they will be starting up again soon but have raised prices for advertising. I pointed out that they never finished our previous contract and they gave us the same price as before.

and i'm sure they appreciate the free advertising. :o

Didn't notice it was gone. Ah well more fodder for the hamster cage.

I sincerely hope you were referring to bedding, not fodder! I'm afraid I can envisage some extremely short lived hamsters if that was the case! :o:D

Must say I never found the publication particularly appetising, or stimulating for that matter, at the very best of times.

A newspaper that cut and run on it's advertisers and albeit limited leadership with no notice and now the Chiang Mai Mail will, according to the grapevine, be edited in Pattaya.

With it's track record it will be very surprising if the return of the CM Mail is going to provide the Chiang Mai English speaking community with what it needs.

I hate all those pictures of supposedly important Expats that I've never met or even heard of.

They should put someone that everyone likes and respects like Blinky Bill on the cover instead!

By the way, next issue is 27 Febuary. :o

You don't want to scare the punters away UG.... :D

UG and p1p together, to please the female and gay readers - the blind ones. :D

Aaah, now I know - the G in Ulysses G stands for Gay icon!

I hope they bin the restaurant reviewer and get a new one - every restaurant in Chiang Mai sells the best (insert food here) she has ever tasted.

...and since we know bribes for a positive review are obviously out of question ... :D:o

I hope they bin the restaurant reviewer and get a new one - every restaurant in Chiang Mai sells the best (insert food here) she has ever tasted.

Dan Sai Kid why don't you write a negative review of a local restaurant under your own name and try to have it published.

I think you would find it difficult in any CM English language publication because of editorial policy.

If you could get it published you will probably find a less than passive reaction from the owners. This is likely to be magnified several times over if the establishment is Thai owned and is almost guaranteed to bring a whole heap of trouble.

Maybe I'm wrong in this assumption I invite you to prove it so.

I hate all those pictures of supposedly important Expats that I've never met or even heard of.

They should put someone that everyone likes and respects like Blinky Bill on the cover instead!

By the way, next issue is 27 Febuary. :o

It's still tabloid not broadsheet? That'll be why Blinky is not on the cover, he's just too big a character to do justice to in tabloid format!

If you put yourself forward as the restaurant reviewer UG, you could keep the camp following happy and put your TV reviews out to an even bigger audience . . . maybe . . .

JxP