Entering on Tourist Visa with a Valid Non-B Extension

Afternoon

Previously I worked in Thailand so in my passport have a current valid extension of Stay until 4th February 2019 with a multiple entry stamp until same date.

I left Thailand when finished with my employer so have not been residing there since leaving in October (though have made a few holiday trips and the IO office has always stamped me as Non-RE)

Now I wish to come on Holiday again late January and during this time my extension will obviously expire as I fly out on 7th February. 

Is it simply possible to ask the IO to stamp me with a Tourist Visa (hold an Aus Passport). 

Obviously I have no need for the extension of stay 

Alternatively should I enter on the re-entry stamp then go to Immigration and convert to Tourist Visa or 'overstay' by 3 days (which I dont want to do)

Thanks in advance for any advice 

Do you have a tourist visa issued by a embassy or consulate or do you actually plan on entering without a visa to get a 30 day visa exempt entry?

The officer should agree to stamp you in using the visa or for a 30 day visa exempt entry since it would allow a longer stay than the re-entry permit would.

• Like 1