HDMI Link

lelapin

I have my HP laptop linked  to my TV via HDMI but I am not happy with the sound quality I get from my TV when using it.

Is it possible to link the Bluetooth Earphone that I currently use for my IPhone to link to my laptop.

remax-neckbank-bluetooth-4-1-earphone-small-talk-sport-huufangbluuthuuthaemehlk-run-rb-s6-6821-18514811-bf5cdc802a0f5e342c65e0984dc0ccc8-catalog.jpg
Remax Neckbank Bluetooth 4.1 Earphone 
Edited by lelapin

If your laptop has BT then all you need to do is pair the laptop and the headphones. Then, if it isnt automatic, select the BT headphones as your sound output rather than the HDMI connection. You do this from the sound icon at the bottom right by the clock.

If your laptop does not have BT then just buy a BT USB dongle.

17 minutes ago, lelapin said:

I have BT but I am having trouble linking laptop and headphones. It links automatically with my phone but when I switch it on near my computer, nothing happens and the sound still comes from my TV

When you say, "It links automatically..." I'm assuming "It" refers to your headphones. As long as they've already been linked with your phone, and your phone is turned on, the headphones won't be able to link to another BT source (in this case your laptop). Proximity won't matter unless your phone is dozens of meters away from the headphones.

I'd try the following:

• Turn off your headphones
  • Turn off your phone
  • Start your laptop (if it's not already started/booted up)
  • Turn on your headphones
  • Link/pair them to your laptop using the BT interface on your laptop (if they're not already paired)
  • Go to the sound preferences and select the BT headphones as the sound output, as KittenKong suggested
  • Start your movie

Good luck.

I'm also doing a laptop to HDMI, usually with the sound from a set of speakers hooked up to the headphone jack.  Sometimes I want headphones so a use a BT set.  I'm all paired up, but I found the easiest (and sanest) way to activate is, after I turn the headphones on, to turn BT off and then on again in Windows, it's just 2 clicks.  There is a much more complicated way, and it is very easy to make the sound come out from where you don't want it.

14 hours ago, lelapin said:

I have BT but I am having trouble linking laptop and headphones. It links automatically with my phone but when I switch it on near my computer, nothing happens and the sound still comes from my TV

As I mentioned in my first reply:

Then, if it isnt automatic, select the BT headphones as your sound output rather than the HDMI connection. You do this from the sound icon at the bottom right by the clock.

On 1/8/2019 at 10:28 PM, KittenKong said:

If your laptop has BT then all you need to do is pair the laptop and the headphones. Then, if it isnt automatic, select the BT headphones as your sound output rather than the HDMI connection. You do this from the sound icon at the bottom right by the clock.

If your laptop does not have BT then just buy a BT USB dongle.

Got one yesterday from Invade, Bht 490. 2 days to get here, 10 seconds and it was working

15 hours ago, Hank Gunn said:

As long as they've already been linked with your phone, and your phone is turned on, the headphones won't be able to link to another BT source (in this case your laptop). Proximity won't matter unless your phone is dozens of meters away from the headphones.

Yes, that's right.

Turning BT off on the phone should fix it (on Android, swipe down from the top and click on the BT icon).

Once that is done the laptop and the headphones would need to be paired, if they havent already been. From that point it should all work fine.

Buying a dongle will not make the above any easier as the headphones still wont connect to two BT devices at the same time.

• Like 1