Cheapo Car Required - Really Cheap! :)

mallmagician

well what ever crap is it . let try to help the thread starter instead on focusing on how i think .

have a nice day throwing up .

try some honey with warm water , or fruit juice . if you got a hang over if not i suggest visit a doctor .

well what ever crap is it . let try to help the thread starter instead on focusing on how i think .

have a nice day throwing up .

try some honey with warm water , or fruit juice . if you got a hang over if not i suggest visit a doctor .

I didn't say crap Ta I said CARP as I'm normally an extremely polite person :D You must also be physic :o

car .

- but of cos .. other factor need to be consider also . as it show status also . and all this brand had been build base on ther safey and power house image .

That's anothe bunch of carp too. The only Mercedes or BMW that a Thai will drive for status is a brand spanking new one. No second hand wheels for these boys. Pardon me while I go throw up again :D

MM, dude, you're not pregnant are you? seems like you are puking all over the forum today :o

JK! :D

MM, dude, you're not pregnant are you? seems like you are puking all over the forum today :o

JK! :D

How terribly observant of you TB! I must confess that I did over indulge a smidge last evening in some very bad company. The cheeky prick concerned just PM'd me as asked if I was suffering :D It was all his fault anyway.............

when i was staying in japan . some guy had that in his store . and is selling for 4,550 . 000 YEN

somebody junk is another person treasure :o - fully restoring that maybe cost a little . but is sure a Fuel ecomopny and workout champ

Hi all,

Well I went to look at the BMW. Looked solid enough. Paintwork was in a terrible state on the bonnet, but hey, Im not after looks.

Inside looked ok, but wires hanging down under the steering wheel, and a secondary keyhole to start the car (It had a second one installed for some reason)

Revved it up, engines sounded strong enough. So I took it for a very short test drive. Brakes were none-existant, as was any form of power steering. Im not sure whether these came with power steering, but it for sure was REALLY heavy to drive. A/C was screwed aswell.

Didn't really look into it after that test drive, as I think it would be uneconomical to repair its many major faults.

Thanks for the poster of the BMW tip though, as its always good to scope out the market and pricing levels etc.

Onwards and upwards!

Cheers

Phil

Ask yourself a few question ,

First why is that Car so CHEAP

If it such a Good car why is the owner selling .

here some side advice ,

Air con repair - can range from Fion top up which cost you 300-500 baht

Compressor repair can be from 5k - 10k . ( a benz one cost 8k . ( re-condition one - brand new is 15k )

you can install a after market aircon unit . made for japanese car on your BMW . but it would cost between 10k or so .

Paint work , you can redo the paint work for as low as 10k just surface job - to 30k . the whole car detail work ( expect 3week - 2 month - best time to do it is NOW > before May .

Wire work is cheap you can rewire the whole car for as cheap as 1k to as high as 6k for a professin who can even look into the ECU and electrcial parts .

- peronally i like japanese car . os part is much cheaper . i am a toyota person .

:o

Yeah,

I do like Toyota's myself. Having owned a pristine MK1 MR2 in England, I love em.

However, I have to be realistic. I just want a runaround, that would be relatively cheap to fix. The BMW would have long been on the scrap heap if it was in England.

I'll keep looking. No great urgency.

Thanks for all the comments folks.

Phil

my suggestion is a old toyota truck . which give you the lift and the space for cargo .

unless you looking for look .

alot of the older car is about 30k-50k but all with it special problem .

and don't expect too much on the fuel economy .

most fuel injection engine would be in the 50k-100k range .

and also alot of hidden problem unless you know the seller peronally .

some of the Car tent seller have ok car but the price wise is profit added . and can pitch a little if you on a shoestring .

i have a few car lying around - if you just want it for a short while whahah i can rent you one for a few month whahah .

anyway .

i have a few celica classic datsun , and mazda . try look for a lancer mitsu or a Ke 30 should be cheap .

look for something about 1200cc or 1600cc . a Old MIRA is cool to go around town but is only for small guys ,

Saw a red Mazda Familia pickup for sale today, parked on the Fa Ham road, near the famous Khao Soi place "Samurjai." You might want to take a look.

For a cheap car, look at old Japanese sedans or pickups, pre 1990, because anything later in the sub 50K price range is likely to be a rebuilt wreck. There are lots of rebuilds around town, and they usually look good from the outside. But it's anyone's guess what is going inside. Miras are OK cars but these days one would have passed through so many owners--all on a tight budget--that anything could be wrong with it. My wife bought one used many years ago, and when it developed a crack in the radiator and overheated one day, we were surprised that the temperature gauge did not show any problem. Our mechanic explained that someone had removed the thermostat! Good thing about the Mira though is that it is really cheap to fix.

Let me jump to the defense of second-hand BMWs, as I confess to being a lifelong used-BMW nut. I own and drive two here in town, and have owned a total of seven or so in my life. (This is not a status thing, by the way--you don't gain much driving a 20 year old car. I just like the way they look and feel; they are easy to work on, and safe.) I haven't seen it, but I believe the car you saw was an e12 or e28 chassis 5 series. These cars were excellent when new, and continue to be excellent in their older age, so long as they are well kept. I've seen some beautiful ones around town and around the country. In fact, one of my cars today is an e28 520i. But like all used cars, as they pass from owner to owner, basic maintenance can be neglected, and standard wear items don't get replaced, or are replaced by substandard aftermarket parts. But good examples can be found if you know what you are looking for. I've taken my e28 on extended road trips all over northern Thailand: Chiang Rai, Pai, Doi Inthanon, Phayao, Phitsanulok, Petchabun... without a single problem. One undeniable advantage of the BMW, especially these older ones, is that they are built like tanks and hold up in accidents far better than Japanese cars do, which is a good thing given the many grisly crashes we see on the roads here. I'm always happy to talk BMWs if anyone is interested!

Took a drive out Chang Puak / C.M.-Mae Rim Rd today. saw 4-5 Mazda Familia pickups for sale in various states of restoration/repair. only one with a price on it. 25,000 Baht for a baby blue one parked about 200 meters north of the Chiang Mai Remand Prison on same side of road.